I may have made a bad mistake

by Eyebrow 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

An old friend of the family stopped by my house last night. I had not seen him for about two years. He was disfellowhispped about 3 or 4 years ago, but would drop in every now and ask me business related questions. (I had sold him some investments when I was in that business several years ago).

Anyway, we talked business for awhile, and then he asked me if I was going to the hall, or if I had been disfellowshipped. I told him that I have not been booted out, but that I don't believe they are really the true religion and I was tired of the hypocrsy on the local and wts level. He said he was trying to get reinstated again, and wanted to study with me when he did (neaning the for the watchtower, not as him leading the study). My family has known him for over 15 years and when he was not disfellowshipped (this is time number 3) he was quite close with my family, like another brother.

Anyhoo...I told him that I would not discourage him from doing what he thinks is right, but that I did not share my views with other witnesses because i didn't want to get labelled an apostate. I am afraid he will say something to the elders, thinkinig he will help me.

Oh well....I am hoping to avoid the DF because my mother is active and she practically lives with us (she owns the duplex we live in, and we are over her apartment and vice versa a lot).

Just had to share! Thanks!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Eyebrow,

This sounds funny coming from me, as I'm the greatest worry-wart in the world...

But don't worry about it until something happens. If you see your friend again, just be careful. I understand the risk at hand...I've recently been struggling with my relationship with my JW parents. They know that I harbor apostate thoughts and beliefs and it's definitely changed the dynamics of our relationship. But the freedom of not having to tiptoe around them anymore is definitely a wonderful feeling.

Andi

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

You are right...the freedom of not having to tiptoe is nice.
    Thanks for your advice. Until I actually get a call from an elder (that has never happened since I stopped going to meetings over three years ago) I won't worry about it.

• DIM
    DIM

i can totally relate. I tiptoe around EVERYONE i know except for
    my wife, our best friend, and badwillie and wife. thats why i'm moving 2800 miles away...i'm slowly going insane. oh well.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• LDH
    LDH

Where's pictures of that dang baby, Eyebrow?

Lisa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well,

they need two witnesses, so just avoid them.

ashi

• logical
    logical

Are you really a wart billygoat?

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

LDH...
    I just put a picture of her taken in the hospital as a profile picture...but boy did it come out wierd! I will post a better one when I figure out how to do it. I have a webpage of pictures, but it has too much info and may lead to my identity if anyone is lurking from my area.

OOOO! I guess I AM paranoid! =)

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

did that work????

• Eyebrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit