JWs: 144,000 in Revelation is not ALWAYS a literal number

by Olin Moyles Ghost 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

So, what's the WTS going to say about this scripture when the number or partakers at the Memorial reaches 144,000? Or exceeds it?

At the current rate of 10% growth per year, that would be in about 2036-2037.

Guess about 2032-34 there will be new light about it being a figurative number and then they'll have so many Dubs participating that they'll actually start having communion services.

StAnn

• OBVES
    OBVES

And again we don't dwell too much how this number was understood in the far past but how it is understood nowadays !

If we do live in the vey endtime era that can mean a new light is given or allowed by God Yahweh to better understand the Bible .

And be not surprised that what the Watchtower was teaching about in the past has flaws ! But at that time the Watchtower could have been the best in understanding the Bible . I see many flaws the Watchtower has in its teachings and but worse flaws I see in other christian religions .If so ,this still puts the Jehovah's Witnesses at the top of all organized religions !If one organization can only be true so it must be Jehovah's Witnesses or neither !

144000 are all men - disciples of Jesus who were the greatest and come from the period of 216 years .They will be living on our earth and ruling on our planet earth forever .Not a single woman is in this number .

God's name "99" and 2772 as 72 + 72 which is 144 .To know why check Jehovah's Witness Online forum with its subforum : Conspiracy Theory ,End of Times Predictions ,Jesus 2.0 .

9+9 = 18 = 6+6+6 = 6x6x6=216 . There are two periods to consider in two variations with each having 108 years.

108 x 2 = 216 .

3 BC - 29 AD - 33 AD - 36 AD - 106 AD or 11 AD - 29 AD -33 AD - 36 AD - 119 AD.

1883 AD -1914 AD -1984 AD-1988 AD-1991 AD or 1891 AD - 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD - 1999 AD.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Oh, come on ! The prediction is now for 2011 AD should you only read my posts on alt.bible ( google group ) or Jehovah's Witness Online forum with its subforum : Conspiracy Theory,End of Times Predictions,Jesus 2.0 .

They have some around 10 000 people left from that number and the list is closed with the year 1999 AD at the latest.

And deduct women who claim to be from the 144000.It is erroneous as woman cannot rule over man according to the Bible- 1 Corinthians 11.3 .

It would be the best if the number is 7000 left to the very end if the end of the world happens in 2011 AD.

• oompa
    oompa
    007: Good one dude, you've awakened "Obves".......nice going!

LMAO!!!....i swear man...i am gonna have to head to the really big island and meet you........you crack me up........oompa

• OBVES
    OBVES

If you read my posts I have some good reasons to do so .

I have a prediction for 2011 AD and the period of 120 years must be recorded prior to the time when Jesus returns .

1879 AD + 120 years = 1999 AD was a good prediction .The date 1879 AD is related to the Watchtower . Then they have 1884 AD.

1884 AD + 120 years = 2004 AD- it was a good prediction that is Biblically founded .

Then they have 1914 AD .

1914 AD + 120 years = 2034 AD - a good prediction .

But it came out that there is still one more important date 1891 AD that is related to some degree to Jehovah's Witnesses as they use the date 2 BC and in 11 AD Jesus was 12-years old when began teaching in the Temple - Luke 2.42 .

He was actually 17-years old but looked like a 12-year old since the date 7 BC is used by me in calculations and it was the actual date of the birth of Jesus.

11 AD + 2000 years = 2011 AD.

1879 AD + 12 years = 1891 AD. 1891 AD + 120 years = 2011 AD.

The spiritual ark of salvation has to be built for 120 years . I was not living back then; so there must be the people of the new true christian religion who began building the ark .

The International Bible Students nicely fit the requirement .Then Jehovah's Witnesses with the name Watchtower that binds the two .

• justhuman
    justhuman

My God OBVES, just read from the Gospel of Luke, chapter 21 and verse 8 ask for God to give you the Holy Spirit in order to understand a very simple scripture....Jesus clearly said that "take heed ye not be deceived.,many shall come in my name,saying I'm Christ and the time draweth near,go ye not therefore after them".

I have chosen the KJV that is closer to the Hellenic Original text, that simply says:Do not follow them...So who you will follow OBVES...Jesus who clearly said that we must not follow anyone who claims that the end is near, or you will follow the path of false prophecy like many Protestand Groups did, such as Seventh Day Adventists, Bible Students, Mormons?

The choice is yours....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Without getting sidetracked....I think this is really important.

Rev 14 .3 says that 144000 sing the New Song. O K I knew that as a dub. After all page 200 of thr Rev Climax book says (p6) "It is no wonder that John upon hearing 144000 voices joined in one melodious chorus..."

(8) "Why is it though that only the 144000 are able to sing the song?"

A picture on p 202 shows a scene of singers & harps, with the heading "144000" ...so that was clear enough, and we used Rev 7 and Rev 14 to explain that the 144k was a literal number..

But why did we not read with understanding (p10) of the page when it said "The remnant ....still on Earth are therefore singing the New Song"?

So contrary to page 200 and 202, page 201 says that there are not 144k voices, only 8 to 10 thousand voices ...and as our friend OMGhost points out, 144000 is SYMBOLIC, by their own admission....

NB I only have an old version of the book, I don't suppose they changed anything in the revised version, do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit