Borg music video a real tear-jerker

by Slave4_38y 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

This is a must watch video. It brought tears of laughter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX-aKoMeC3Q

• hoser
    hoser
    The lyrics talk about the best choice I can make. As a Jehovah's Witness I know first hand the social pressure to conform is strong. The choice was made by the organization for the girl to skip college and the man to turn down the overtime job. It wasn't their choice
  • Simon
    Simon

It just reinforces to me that their primary recruitment weapon is "emotion".

Apart from a few zealot types very few people join because they think the bible prophecies and beliefs make sense. They join for the community and friendships.

Why I believe that being and angry apostate intent on disproving when Jerusalem fell is so ineffective at convincing the majority who are not there because of that stuff.

It's only when the community turns on them or lets them down (or they see it happen to someone else) that they really see it for what it is - a false utopia.

• clarity
    clarity

OMG ...my eyes are bulging out! Sickening crap. They just do not care about how many young lives they are screwing up....for their own wicked ends!

clarity

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"he lyrics talk about the best choice I can make. As a Jehovah's Witness I know first hand the social pressure to conform is strong. The choice was made by the organization for the girl to skip college and the man to turn down the overtime job. It wasn't their choice"

yep. i also agree with simon on why struggling with doctrine is so hard. its not the main appeal for many.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The video explains one thing quite well.

I have wondered why the great majority of JDubya females are slovenly in their appearance. They seem to be ashamed of themselves (that's another story), they wear ugly clothes, they wear ugly shoes, they bob their hair off and never style it, they slouch when they walk, they pull their shoulders forward as if trying to hide any remote hint of breast, their bellies usually look like they are twelve months pregnant, they don't know what make-up is and if they do happen to wear it they have no clue how to artfully apply it.

Then it dawned on me watching this video. They have an obsession with cookies!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Simon, you hit it dead on, I agree. When I found out about the U.N. thing etc after fading that to me didn't really make a difference. It's the deeper cultish high control stuff that got me. Like this video, total crap
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    I agree with you OFS. Oh and maybe cookies will be the new currency in paradise? A dozen cookies for a rake . . . two rakes and a cookie for one plough . . . a plough and two dozen cookies for a crate of moonshine . . .
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

What I noticed first is press pot coffee, a cut crystal vase with fresh tulips, the latest tech for a phone.

Is this the life of the average witness?

Do they drink press pot coffee at bethel? (Don't get me wrong, I love press pot coffee, it just uses a lot of coffee per cup.)

Most witnesses I know have kept their lives simple, as instructed, and have little in the way of luxuries.

I started wondering what they were up to with last year's video, the family who is saved by the black elder living in the basement; that was quite the home.

I wonder how these videos go over with the janitor/house cleaner who rents a mobile home, drinks his coffee from a ten year old Mr. Coffee and has an old clam shell for a phone because he has tried to not be materialistic.

Sheesh.

• floriferous
    floriferous

In REAL life..... did the guy keep his original job after so firmly turning down promotion & making his boss look a fool? Of course in the JW man's mindset the boss is being used by Satan to tempt him from the 'Troof'

I recall when I graduated from school in the late 1960's that I felt the careers officer & teachers were tools of Satan trying to stop me pioneering rather than trying to help me make the most of my education & life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit