Would you drink a glass of water with just 1 drop of poison in?

by stillajwexelder 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes - an illustration I heard a dozen times at least from some JW speaker or another. Always delivered as though it were profound and intensely clever, when it really is neither.

I love the comment above that JW "proof" is usually some combination of analogy, urban myth or illustration.

One of my favorites was a CO who told me in a discussion on science how one of the Governing Body had stated in a talk that there weren't enough fossils that supported evolution to fill a coffin - as though that was all the proof I would need to change my belief in evolution! I told him that, first of all, that was just simply untrue, and second of all, there was a pretty good chance that that GB member barely had a high school diploma and was certainly no scientest!

S4

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The comment on fossils - he needs to take a trip to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington London and then the Grand Canyon Museum - then he will see a few fossils

• oompa
    oompa
    Nathan:

Oompa, what is wrong with you? Have you got a heart of glass?

You may not question Blondie and yet live.

LMAO!...heck she is da bomb!...whenever i want to know jw stuff...she gets my question first....

and from Blondie : In 1918 he stopped the great tribulation that had begun upon the enemy organization of Satan the Devil.
    and: and that it was not allowed to run its full course then but God stopped World War I in November of 1918.

you are just amazing that you know all these priceless nuggets of turd!...I always thought the great trib was on all mankind...but this says it is upon satans org. and where the crap is his VISIBLE org?.....and geeze God STOPPED world war 1????wtf????so i guess he started it too???.......why would he even let it frikkin happen....oh thas right...i forgot....because he obviously does not give a crap about mankind...........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit