Would you drink a glass of water with just 1 drop of poison in?

by stillajwexelder 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Would you drink a glass of water with just 1 drop of poison in?

That is an illustration I have heard well over 1 dozen times? We need pure waters of truth -why touch anything tainted by Chrsitendom. Even if much of what they say is right if just afew things are wrong why touch it. Would you drink a glass of water with just 1 drop of poison in?

Well that is a blade that cuts both ways.

If something the WTS is wrong - just very slightly and they "adjust" their thinking, Would you drink a glass of water with just 1 drop of poison in?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Switch the analogy around to the WTS and they would use the old "wait on Jah for new light" defense.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Most of the curing and painkilling drugs we use today are POISONS. Helloo!!??

Look at chemotherapy. You feel awful but in most cases today it can cure you if administered early enough.

What is Chemo from the Witchtower Disease? How soon should it be given if it is to work??

HB

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Wow! I've heard that version as well one with the same scenario but baking a cake with a little bit of dog sh!t in it.

I have also used this same idea with my wife about the blood issue. They can have a fraction but not the whole blood cell. WTF!! It all comes from the same place..

• mustang
    mustang

I once trained an Anesthesiologist in Electronics. He was very impressed with the technology and me. And he had done some breakthrough technology himself. He wanted me to go back to school and come work with him.

I commented that I had an aptitude for and great interest in chemistry; I particularly was intrigued by poisons. He replied: "Good!! Everything I use is poison!!!"

So, my question is: which particular poison; maybe, maybe not.

This illustrates a logical fallacy (perhaps a new type?) that JW's excel @: "proof by analogy" (or metaphor, folk tale, urban legend, parable, fable, allegory, legend, moralizing story, simile, or anecdote).

As I have recently said, JW's are good @ this sort of verbal manipulation.

Mustang

• blondie
    blondie

WTS POISON

until 1943: 1874 Christ's presence

1914 the end not the beginning

until 1936: cross used in worship

until 1926: Christmas celebrated

until 1962: superior authorities God and Jesus

until 1970: great tribulation started in 1914 and temporarily ended in 1918 to start up again in near future

until 1995: people born in 1914 would see the end of this "wicked system"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

until 2007 Annointed general calling ended in 1935

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

poison according to WTS is ANYTHING apostates say

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Still a jweXX _

you are quite wrong - it is not anything an apostate would say -

The Witchtower has apostasised from a huge number of teachings and their dependent teachings in the last 15 years.

Poison is ANY THING THAT DISAGREES WITH CONTRADICTS OR SHOWS UP THE WITCHTOWER FOR WHAT IT ACUALLY IS.

A false Prophet.

HB

• oompa
    oompa
    blondie: until 1970: great tribulation started in 1914 and temporarily ended in 1918 to start up again in near future

I like your list blondie but dont know about this one at all...some more details please?

And since you have 1914 listed as the end...how bout add in your next post when it became the beginning of the last days........thanks.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit