Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the TWOOF

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• halcyon
    halcyon

I think there are a few reasons:

1) Witnesses have a limited field to choose from, and often marry partners who are not exactly compatible, just to be married. WTS advice seems to believe that any man and any woman can get married and be happy.

2) Divorce is common in the world, and it's common advice that if you're unhappy, get out.

3) Wives may stick it out in an unhappy marriage if they truly believe Armageddon is coming soon, but as time goes by and nothing happens, they start to realize that "life is too short to be unhappy." And so they get out.

4) Adultery is a particularly useful tool in leaving the congregation. It's swift and complete, and usually there is built-in support on the other side. (a man waiting for you to help you transition.)

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

"I notice it happens a lot when she has to go get a job and some guy gives her a little attention." Same here. In my area divorce and separation is about the same rate for JW and non-JWs. Tons of separated couples.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

A plausible cause for the reason of JW wifes leaving their husbands might very well be that females are regulated to marry only

men who are associated with the JWS , therefore later on the relationship the realization occurs that the couple are not compatible and the marriage becomes divvied.

Likewise this can happen too for men, this forcing of people together wholly or in supporting the justification of a religion seems stringently weak.

The apparent demeaning of woman in the positioning of this religion is a another plausible cause of woman leaving their husbands and the religion all together.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A JW wife left an elder and pioneer about 5 years ago, She met somebody else in da world

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Yes, I have observed this in So Cal also; although I don't believe that it is a regional phenomenon at all. One reason for this is that JWs typically get married much younger than non-Witnesses. They are not allowed to casually date and test the waters. All dating is for the purpose of marriage. I strongly believe that many JWs get married young because of sex-drive, not true love. As both partners mature, they change, and grow apart personality wise.

Another reason is that JW men are stretched thinner than many other men. They must devote so much of their time to organizational activity, that many wives do not get the amount of time that they need. This is especially the case with elders. Also, the organization does not build many people up, but merely adds to the pressure of life - particularly those who suffer from depression. The organization is a tiring treadmill in the lives of many; which detracts from a healthy intimate marriage.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when my ex left so did a number of other wives. I remember everyone was wondering what the heck was going on

• fokyc
    fokyc

Exactly the same in the UK, very few marriages within the truth last, this has certainly been like this since the late 50's

I remember in the 60's, several JW's swapping partners, being df'd and then returning, even to the same congo was very regular.

Sad isn't it?

fokyc

• oompa
    oompa
    JWdaughterRe: Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the TWOOF
    Post 3238 of 3245
    since 18-Jun-05

42 y 6 m 15 d

Yugoslavia
    My uncle lost 3 wives. First to adultery(finding herself-she never really did, but she did live in Hawaii for a few years, so that's worth something;), Second-I think the same, kind of mysterious, Third, she is still a devout JW, he is a certifiable nut case and has been since wife 2.(Which I think had something to do with the split). I think she couldn't take anymore-2 sons died during the marriage, one in jail, the other one nuts. Daughters all (but one) living a very wild life that no one approved of. The events of 3rd marriage would seem at first glance to have made him nuts, but trust me, he was already crazy, and that and the religion probably had to do with every lost and jailed child and nutty daughters too(one is mentally ill, one is abused by husband, 2 seem to live off of sugar daddies. (blood, depression, mental illness and lack of conscience respectively) I can't really blame Lorna. She was way too young for him, about 20 years younger(my age).

When I was a kid in the hall, 3 men had their wives walk out(don't know why, but you know what they all *say*).No men I can remember. I don't know if this is such a new phenom, but I am not currently in a hall. Maybe they have always done so and it only hits you when you put two and two together one day sitting idly in a meeting, bored out of your skull.
    IP: /9ZEHUhdC41RGV51
    iceguyRe: Re: Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the TWOOF

Post 200 of 201
    since 13-May-08

45 y 1 m 5 d

I can believe that oompa...every guy here knows that female tourists will do things away from home that they would'nt normally do. Its why I don't hangout at the beach bars much...trying to stay out of trouble!
    IP: zdxg08tPp4pgHWid
    {{{halcyon}}}Re: Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the T
    Post 259 of 263
    since 19-Jul-08

Nepal
    I think there are a few reasons:

1) Witnesses have a limited field to choose from, and often marry partners who are not exactly compatible, just to be married. WTS advice seems to believe that any man and any woman can get married and be happy.

2) Divorce is common in the world, and it's common advice that if you're unhappy, get out.

3) Wives may stick it out in an unhappy marriage if they truly believe Armageddon is coming soon, but as time goes by and nothing happens, they start to realize that "life is too short to be unhappy." And so they get out.

4) Adultery is a particularly useful tool in leaving the congregation. It's swift and complete, and usually there is built-in support on the other side. (a man waiting for you to help you transition.)
    IP: y+9kGRqdF6OMypGo
    shopaholicRe: Re: Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in t

Post 526 of 526
    since 21-Jul-07

"I notice it happens a lot when she has to go get a job and some guy gives her a little attention." Same here. In my area divorce and separation is about the same rate for JW and non-JWs. Tons of separated couples.
    IP: 0vVMoIaeQ/9NXW2n
    Homerovah the AlmightyRe: Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the TWOOF

Post 3180 of 3185
    since 30-Aug-07

A plausible cause for the reason of JW wifes leaving their husbands might very well be that females are regulated to marry only

men who are associated with the JWS ,

well I have never had three posts in a row i wanted to comment on...and sorry, they would not go into the quote box, but JWdaughter...i think maybe i am part of your wonderful family....and

crap this just is not working......and ya the pool is very small...oomps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit