Is it me or are alot of women starting to leave their husbands in the TWOOF

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

I live in So Cal and got to tell you women are leaving in droves out here...Is it a Caly thing or are simply women bored out of their minds listening to their mate and his friends presentations week in and week out?

• blondie
    blondie

TWOOF????

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The Society has constructed arcane laws regarding how and under what conditions a wife can leave her husband. All it takes is some "spiritual endangerment" to separate, and then for someone to commit "fornication", and it's over.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe I should visit sunny Southern Cal and see if this is just another postate lie.

• oompa
    oompa

yes it is rampant here on the other coast...even 15 years ago me and my two best buddies had our wives all run off and go nuts within a year and a half...marriages of 11, 15, and 17 years and there was one other in the hall as well....The three of went to the beach that summer....drank a lot a cussed like hell, just a great pityparty.........the circuit joke was that there must be something in our water fountain water.........it is still happening a lot here..............oompa

• compound complex
    compound complex

Circa 2000:

Some 6 or 7 brothers of my acquaintance and I, all in marriages of 25-plus years.

CC

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

That is awesome that you have a relationship that can stand the test of time....However, I seem to think that for many the WTS that is supposed to help families and overall the communities that the Kingdom Halls reside, actually are the main reason some marriages are failing. Would you agree??? By the way...twoof was meant to be "truth" LOL

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Here in the mid west it is happening too. Think about it, you have a 32 year old woman with a few kids, she got married at 18 or 19 after dating one or two brothers in her own hall, not educated and never really got to live on her own. I notice it happens a lot when she has to go get a job and some guy gives her a little attention.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My uncle lost 3 wives. First to adultery(finding herself-she never really did, but she did live in Hawaii for a few years, so that's worth something;), Second-I think the same, kind of mysterious, Third, she is still a devout JW, he is a certifiable nut case and has been since wife 2.(Which I think had something to do with the split). I think she couldn't take anymore-2 sons died during the marriage, one in jail, the other one nuts. Daughters all (but one) living a very wild life that no one approved of. The events of 3rd marriage would seem at first glance to have made him nuts, but trust me, he was already crazy, and that and the religion probably had to do with every lost and jailed child and nutty daughters too(one is mentally ill, one is abused by husband, 2 seem to live off of sugar daddies. (blood, depression, mental illness and lack of conscience respectively) I can't really blame Lorna. She was way too young for him, about 20 years younger(my age).

When I was a kid in the hall, 3 men had their wives walk out(don't know why, but you know what they all *say*).No men I can remember. I don't know if this is such a new phenom, but I am not currently in a hall. Maybe they have always done so and it only hits you when you put two and two together one day sitting idly in a meeting, bored out of your skull.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I can believe that oompa...every guy here knows that female tourists will do things away from home that they would'nt normally do. Its why I don't hangout at the beach bars much...trying to stay out of trouble!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit