We had it all figured out..honest. 1974 KM..please read lurkers...

by oompa 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks for your patience guys...now go get a Samsung Delve and have some fun!...

Actually the part of this piece that just infurriates me is this:

IS IT not apparent that most of mankind are living their lives for themselves? No, but since WT says it is apparent, it is now. They are using their lives as they see fit, without concern for others. Oh and THEY see fit. So all of mankind has no concern for others? WT says so.

LOOK AT THAT THEY!!!!......it just SCREAMED out at me! Unless i am badly mistaken, the vast majority of the WORLDLY people actually DO have concern for others don't they? Think about that all of you lucky active JW's that have found this site. There are so many good, caring, and yes CONCERNED people out there, yet WT says most of mankind is NOT! Bullsh!t I say...Almost EVERYONE on earth cares for and has CONCERNS for their family.......EXCEPT JW's who shun their own kids for a dunking they got as CHILDREN!...............oompa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

For those of us that were there in the midst of the '75 fury and fever, those words validate our lost confidence in the org.

For those who were not there, I think they still can dismiss it as over-optism on our parts. Afterall, we aren't serving for a date. We are serving for eternity whether this system or the new system.

The problem is that people who were in their mid-40's back then are now in their mid-70's. And most are not well-supported by family and congregation. Witnesses of today who follow the advise of the organization leave themselves open much distress as they age and retire.

I was only 14 back then, but even while in the org, I tried to balance my finances to get myself better prepared. If only I had the gumption back then to get a real education. I think I would have had more experience and options available to me as I enter middle age.

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"EXCEPT JW's who shun their own kids for a dunking they got as CHILDREN!...............oompa".............That never happened,the Jehovah`s Witness lady at my door said so!.....And..Oompa looks exactly like the picture in his Avatar..That`s what happens to you,when you run ahead of God`s Organization!!..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And now, 33 years later, we are approaching another Christmas season. Still no sign of Armageddon.

Every one of those people that made the "fine(?)" decision to sell out and pio-sneer are now regretting it. They have no pensions because they quit their jobs. They lost their houses. They let ongoing health issues go, so they could go screeching around anyways. Those approaching college did without, and now they are nearing retirement age with little or no savings and little Social Security. And all for an "emergency" that has been going on for the past 130+ years, since 1874.

• carla
    carla

"without concern for others'-- Doesn't that really sum up a jw? The so called preaching work is not really to bring others closer to God but merely to cover their own butt, in my opinion. If they truly wanted to 'save' someone they would never give up on them the way jw's do. Take my jw for example, he has completely given up on all family members including wife & children (for that I am grateful). Instead he goes around to strangers trying to get his hours in to have a hope, not assurance, just a hope to make it into the ridiculous new system theory of theirs.

What concern are they talking about? Feeding & clothing the poor and other kinds of charity? Jw's do no charity work but are happy to take a hand out from all those they call part of satan's system. Any charity they extend to fellow jw's is only to those considered in 'good standing'. Jw's brag about the love they have for each other yet they have no love or concern for worldly people. The following script always makes me think of jw's when they bring up the 'knowing them by the love they have for each other'-

Luke 6:33-And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

• oompa
    oompa

glad you guys liked that it seemed more complete to post more of the article...there is more of it but it is devoted to "please come help at bethel" so it did not seem to apply to the rank and file as much.....there is sooo much more like this..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit