Should jws take part in christmas sales?

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sure, why not?

• asilentone
    asilentone

yes, they only just work for the store. If any Church was on Fire, JW fireman would hose it down, it is just a job.

• jws
    jws
    To what degree is the person involved? Let us return to the example of a store. Probably an employee assigned to run the cash register or to fill the shelves only occasionally handles cigarettes or religious items; that is a small part of his overall work. What a contrast, though, with an employee in the same store who works at the tobacco counter! All his work, day in and day out, focuses on something contrary to Christian beliefs. (2 Corinthians 7:1) This illustrates why the degree of involvement or contact must be evaluated in deciding employment questions.

I wish some of the other Christian religions would take this advice. Like the pharmacy workers who won't doll out the morning-after pill for religious beliefs.

• joebin
    joebin

just realized i didn't get the question..oh well

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Yes, because celebration of the birth of Christ is not a pagan event.Just because the Jdubs say it is don't make it so. Celebrating the birth of a book publishing company is more pagan than you can imagine.Following false prophets has deep roots in paganism.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

NO

I asked a JW why their kid couldn't listen to Frosty the Snowman. I was told 'because it is a symbol of the pagan celebration of Christmas'. If a song about a snowman is a symbol for Christmas....then what couldn't a JW get about a 'Christmas Sale'..or 'Holiday Sale'.

Those sales are a symbol of the celebration and the person who won't allow their kid to listen to Frosty or sing it, has no problem in doing a little shopping during the Christmas Sales. Her rationale - 'we can take advantage of the world'...

HYPOCRITES!

BTW - I have the same issue with the JW's that work in the school system (and yep I have some in the family) but in their core, really hate the people in the world. Ditto the pension from military service. sammieswife.

'.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    yes, they only just work for the store. If any Church was on Fire, JW fireman would hose it down, it is just a job.

interesting, but let a painter try to make a living painting a church and that would not fly.

purps

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Most of them do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit