I Just Got My Electricity & Heat Back!

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

In 2000 (12/14 and 12/26) two major ice storms hit Arkansas, the first storm came when I was to be moving into my new apt. The power company could not get out to turn on my power so that was delayed.

The second storm came a few weeks later, by then I had moved in. Now power for five days and stranded, alone! Used candles for heat and light. I read alot and talked on the phone all over the US for entertainment. No shower! Most of the state was without power, you could not get a hotel. My daughter was staying with relatives, at least they had gas for heat and used their oven to keep the chill off.

Hope things get back to normal soon for you,

purps

• Gregor
    Gregor

I believe in the principle of Karma. I have a lot of empathy for folks who get displaced by catastrophies. Has never happened to us but I can imagine it would be very traumatic. I am wary of smugness. Smugness is bad mojo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Min:

Glad that you're all right and comfortable.

I guess everything's relative. About ten years ago I was wet-vacuuming up some 3 inches of water in my studio while watching TV. On screen was breaking news re: the storm. A newly-rebuilt house was crashing down the Feather River in California, a devastating forest fire having taken out the original home a few years before.

Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice. - Will Durant

Take care,

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So glad you're back and okay, Min.

Love,
    Baba

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks, folks.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hope you are back to normal soon

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, I've never been normal.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, Glad to know you are in good spirits and all in all you and yours are safe.

Now keep those questions coming!

Blueblades

• hubert
    hubert

Yeah, that was some major rain. They say if it had been snow, we'd have got 4 to 5 feet of it, not counting drifts. That would have been worse than the blizzard of '78.

Glad you are okay, Min, and glad you and yours were well taken care of.

Hubert

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minmus..You live in an apartment..Forget the generator idea..They are loud..And..You would need to rent a second apartment to keep it..LOL!!.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit