My son wants reinstatement...but will then fade fast

by oompa 14 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

He is considering this just so he can have more normal ties with old friends and mainly family....he hates not being invited to the big superbowl party his moms family has ever year...so sad....i told him i would support his efforts but cautioned him about his plan to never return once he is reinstated and that some would still then shun him, and that it would for sure allert the nazi elders to watch him VERY closely....and that he prob should move somewhere because he will continue to live his life as he wants to...and love that, except for the smoking....hell he even got me to try some pot (it did not agree with me).....we are closer than ever now........oompa

hae many here got back in for these reasons? and how did you then exit? my sister did this when she was 17 (damm she was smart)....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Gumby got re-enstated so he could be with his children and grandchildren..He seems happy..Still pokes fun at the WBT$......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Ommpa and son getting stoned together.....I wish you were my dad! sniff, sniff.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oompa, just have your own superbowl party and invite friends and family and have your son there also. That me be much easier than your posted idea. It may further repercussions.

• oompa
    oompa
    quirky: Oompa, just have your own superbowl party and invite friends and family and have your son there also.

well this would be tough, my jw wife would have a cow...and of course leave for the night. This is because although she does not shun him, she would only want jw friends to come over and they would not with my son there....and if i invite my new friends over, she does not know them, but knows they would all be apostates or df'd........now if she is out of town!!!...........the apostabowl will happen!.........oompa

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I've heard and seen people do this and then make a successful fade but really is this the course to take ?

Can he not find his own way in life in a clean and wholesome way without this hideous pretentious game.

And as for substance abuse, tell him to mature and show some responsibility.

If he's one of those guys that can't control his behavior outside of a cult , well maybe he's better back in if thats the case.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    now if she is out of town!!!...........the apostabowl will happen

I will send you two tickets for your wife and one of her friends to go to a Spa that day. Do you want me to bring the snacks??

• undercover
    undercover

He's willing to go to meetings faithfully for at least six months and maybe even have to have a "bible study" with a "mature" one just to turn around and not go back again just so a few JWs will speak to him from time to time?

Having a relationship with his JW mom might be important, but there are easier ways to soften her to accept him as he is then it would be for him to play the Watchtower game.

And what if he did get reinstated. Is that a guarantee that mom will not treat him badly when he goes inactive almost right off the bat?

There's a point where you have to deal with who accepts you and who doesn't. It sucks when someone close picks loyalty to the WTS over you but it might be better to face that fact sooner rather than later, deal with it and move on with life....free of guilt.

• carla
    carla

Oompa, you mean your wife can have jw's over but you cannot have your new apostafriends over? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, or vice versa in your case. I thought men had some pull with jw women? The house is half yours ya' know.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Reminds me of a young "sister" who attended my last congo for a while. She was d/f'd and lived in our town. Her family lived in the next town a few miles away. Her Mum still used to visit and would sometimes some to the hall with her and her baby (she was married to someone 'outside') It was evident that she was very close and the elders who knew them better said that they were a mainstay family of the little congo up the road. We told their elders about Mum's closeness to her d/f daughter and she was apparently counselled.

Anyway we were asked to tell the other congo how she had been attending regularly, and we were told that they re instated her.

We never saw her again after that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit