I am starting a new video series: Ex-Gilead Missionary

by Awakened at Gilead 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The beard is not going anywhere... its part of the new me, and the lil' woman loves it... that's why I addressed it in the 1st vid to get it out of the way...

Thanks Homer for teh link, I'm gonna download as soon as I get home and start foolin with it...

The Bearded Apostate

• oompa
    oompa

plus lance looks kinda like a wimp without that beard!....way to go lance very nice, esp. for a first time spontaneous video...from the heart is good...........oompa

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Great video! I'm sure it will be helpful to any who see it.

I've been out for awhile so forgot how they talk about the "privileges" their followers can receive from the WT, like the many hours of work they can donate for a few dollars a month plus room and board. The WT has a real gift for spin, don't they? Others would describe that as slave labor.

Keep up the good work!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks Ms. F... interesting how my detractors only see what the WT gave me, yet they forget that I gave at least 35,000 hours of my life to that fruitless pursuit. At a mere $10/hour (I now make much more than that) I see the WT owing me a pretty penny:

Housing me and feeding me at Bethel 2.5 years in the 90's ($@$2.5k/year): $5000

4.5 Years special pioneering: (@$70/month) $3780

Gilead and Missionary Service: (Includes one way airfare) $6750

Total benefits received from the Society: $15530 (Exhibit A)

My Costs:

Slave labor: $350,000

My expenses in the field: (Conservative estimate, gas, mileage, plane tickets, etc) $ 20,000

Total Expenses: $370,000 (Exhibit B)

The Society owes me: (B - A) $354,470

This does NOT include all the cash contributions that I regret giving for 30 odd years (I was one of those kids who would give up some of my allowance to the collection plate)

So I don't see how I owe the Society anything...!

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Awakened

Cut the beard and we can start talking. Cut your beard and I'll break my sabbath. Lol!

Brilliant video. Cannot wait for you next shoot.

mtsgrad

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

hope you get an audience.... all the work pays off when their numbers start falling

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    hope you get an audience.... all the work pays off when their numbers start falling

Well, I have a bunch of subscribers and will probably have 300 views in the first day...

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Cut the beard and we can start talking. Cut your beard and I'll break my sabbath. Lol!

Well I'm not cutting the beard so looks like your celibacy will continue...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Homerovah: I agree about your points... however, having a beard makes it just that much easier for JWs to pass cursory judgment. However, this is all moot since Lance says the beard ain't going, and I hear that. It's a minor detail anyway.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I look forward to your vids. I hope that beyond preaching to your choir, you reach the JW's
    out there that need to hear this. One of your early videos probably should have the words
    "Jehovah" or "Watchtower" in it so they can find it in a search.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit