*** Christmas Party thread...Everyone's Invited ***

by FlyingHighNow 272 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank, Cal for bringing this back to the top. I hope we can keep it going for a few days. It was so much fun last year.

I made a comment on my former sister in law's facebook page about her beautiful christmas tree. She never was baptised. One of our long lost nephews came back and said " I am disappointed in u and u know why." So I went back and commented that I thought her dad had passed on years ago. And I said it's interesting that early christians placed evergreens in their homes to represent God's everlasting nature and Christ bringing everlasting life. She thanked me for my comments. She said that her husband remembered that JW's used to have trees. Nephew hasn't made it back for a comment yet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Someone sent this to me tonight in a forward. I just have to share. Feel free to add your own resolutions.

New Year’s Resolutions You Can Keep ...Are you sick of making the same resolutions year after year that you never keep?

Why not promise to do something you can actually accomplish?

Here aresome resolutions that you can use as a starting point: Gain weight. (At least 30 pounds)

Stop exercising. (Waste of time)

Read less. (Makes you think)

Watch more TV. (I've been missing some good stuff)

Procrastinate more. (Starting tomorrow)

Spend more time at work.Personal goal: Bring back disco.

Buy an '83 Eldorado and invest in a really loud stereo system.

Get further in debt.

Break at least one traffic law.

Wait around for opportunity.

Focus on the faults of others.

Mope about my faults.

Never make New Year's resolutions again

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am bringing this back to the top and opening my doors again for our annual Christmas Party thread. It's the day after Thanks Giving here in the US. I can now listen to my first Christmas song of the year. I will start with the most fun, hammond organ, rockin' version of Jingle Bells by Booker T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6KzjayrxMU

• Heaven
    Heaven

One day I'd love to have a Christmas like this:

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Merry Xmas FHN!!!!!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Heaven, that looks so inviting! I love that, too.

Merry Christmas, Charlie. I have a Charlie Brown Christmas ornament.

This looks like a Scandinavian Christmas, minus the forty feet of snow outside:

Fairytale-looking-white-living-room-with-soft-discreet-Christmas-decoration-and-colorful-details

• myelaine
    myelaine

Greetings FHN...brrr...

I was hoping I could count on you and your elves to help me pack up these boxes...I brought some music and wine...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6QJomiELLI

and a penguin...

• JRK
    JRK

This is a year that I will not have a Christmas. I have had some since I left. I have no one to share it with here, and it sucks. And my guitar gently weeps.

JK

Send me some coal

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear JRK...

...I think some of us will be here ...if you can make it over, bring your guitar...

love michelle

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am so proud of my tree and ornaments! How do I import the photos from my computer to the forum? I tried from My PIctures, following the directions and was unsuccessful. My ornaments are plentiful, and range from homemade to exquisite European ones. It looks a little tacky or very Baroque.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit