Sheri discusses her JC meeting on The View

by shopaholic 18 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Show aired Thursday 12/11.

They were talking about losing your virginity and who you told when it happened. Sheri mentioned that she wrote it in her diary and sister found it, tore out the page and took it to their mom and her pleading with her mom not to tell the elders. She talks about sitting in front of the 3 elders with her dad and being asked very probing questions like if she had oral sex. She mentions that she was reproved and no one was allowed to talk to her and the audience booed. Then Elizabeth mentioned that the elders were obviously entertained by the whole process.

I know some of you will say, that she was wrong about JWs not talking to folks that were reproved. Well in the area I grew up in, being reproved was almost the same as being df'd in regards to how you were treated by the congo. People typically did not talk to you until they heard you comment again which was an indication that you got your privileges back.

Anyway, I thought this was a great little expose on the JW religion since so many people watch this show. So surprised this wasn't posted!!!

(around 4:25 for those that don't watch the whole thing).

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wow! Good for her! I don't watch the View, but it has a huge audience!

Coffee

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We have it here in Australia but which one is Sheri?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Witness 007,
    Sheri is the one in the purple sweater.

Coffee,
    I don't typically watch the show. I think my DVR picked it up because Dr. Oz was on the show.

• oompa
    oompa

Bless Her!....she is STILL a great Witness to the real truth!...............glad she can laugh about it now.............oompa

• cognac
    cognac

I thought she wasn't baptised? I guess I was wrong...

Glad she helped in getting the warning out!!! I wonder if JWs can watch it because she is obviously an apostate??? Maybe she got the word reproved and d'f mixed up???

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

is her sister still a witness?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

these guys in the ivory tower of crooklyn still don't get it...... disfellowshipping hurts, some commit suicide!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Amazing that her dad sat in with her at her judicial committee. That is how it is supposed to be, but seldom is from the stories I've heard.

• blondie
    blondie

I think if a baptized jw is a minor living at home the father (of if not a jw or no father in the picture, the mother) sit in on the JC.

Also, I know that people who were publicly reproved were still shunned until restrictions were lifted......bad association....no proof (works) that they had really changed......though judged "repentant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit