Pioneer Hour Requirements Not Changing

by Joker10 20 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

70hrs! It was 90 in my day...cause we used to "borrow some from next month" anyway

Paul

• sacolton
    sacolton

Not surprising. Didn't they blame the R&F for 1975 not being the year this wicked world would come to an end? Much easier to shift the blame to someone else.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

This is very sad news to me. My nephew is pioneering while attending college full time. I was looking forward to him having more time for himself. Perhaps they will change it next year.

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 1/99 p. 7 pars. 2-3 Adjustment in Hour Requirements for Pioneers ***

The Society has observed the mounting difficulties faced by pioneers, especially with regard to finding part-time secular work that will allow them to care adequately for their personal needs so as to remain in the full-time service. The present economic situation in many lands has also made it increasingly difficult for others to enter the pioneer work, even though that is their heartfelt desire. During recent months, these and other factors have been carefully considered.

Therefore, in view of the above, the Society has reduced the hour requirement for both regular and auxiliary pioneers. Starting with the 1999 calendar year, the requirement for regular pioneers will be 70 hours each month, or a total of 840 hours for the year. The monthly requirement for auxiliary pioneers will be 50 hours. The hour requirement for special pioneers and missionaries remains unchanged, since provision is made by the Society to help them care for their basic material needs. Thus, they can concentrate more fully on their preaching and disciple-making work.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

This is one of the few things I've seen circulated here that turned out not to be true.

Although it may be that they changed their minds after seeing the info widely circulated here (unlikely I'd say) I'd much prefer that we don't go into "WT positive spin" mode and just accept and admit that the info was wrong.

There's no dishonour in ADMITTING someone got something wrong.

• sir82
    sir82

Fascinating.

This rumor was so widespread and so pervasive. Everyone was talking about it. It's been circulating for at least 6 months.

It had to have started somewhere, from someone fairly credible.

Almost makes me think that the GB did change their minds - like they are supremely po-'ed that they can't control any information any more, and as "punishment", the hours stay the same. Given what I know of the service department and the Waffen SS personnel therein, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I called the Serve-Us department in Brooklyn about the Congregation book Study change 2 months before they announced it at the kingdumb hell.

The Serve-Us Deartment brother told me it aws an unfounded and untrue rumor.

He lied.

The Circuit Overseer may just be lying too.

Look where his loyalty is...

the Faithless Disgraceful Sloberers.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I agree with that Honesty.

It might turn out that the info about the change is true.

But until then I think we should just be dignified.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Shoot I was just about to sign up ;-)

On the real I was talking to a dub friend who moved away (and to my surprise started pioneering) I asked him if he heard about them changing the hour and he said he had. Even if they dont change ( I suspect it is because it got circulated so quickly) it shows that the online movement and boards like this are having an effect on the way they try and do buisness.

• undercover
    undercover

Even this info of the rumor being just a rumor is a rumor...(I think that came out right)...it could very well be that the hours do change at some point...or maybe not. The fact is, at this point, we have no clue. We've heard they may change, we've heard they won't change. Until some real hard evidence is presented showing a change, all our speculating is an exercise in futility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit