Do you believe in life after death?

by Newborn 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

i quit said, "... I'm not even sure what life is before death." Good answer.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I don't believe I existed before being born into this world and don't believe I'll exist after this body dies. Until proven otherwise,.....;)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I do not believe. No one can know for sure until it happens. I do know that as far as we can tell, consciousness is in the brain. At death of the brain, as far as we can tell, consciousness ends. Is it possible that consciousness survives the death of the brain? Sure. I choose not to believe that until it is proven to me.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Sometimes I wonder if there is life after falling asleep! (JK, maybe).

I have no reason to think I was around for the 15 billion years the universe existed before I was born, and that doesn't bother me. I expect a similar fate (non-existence) after I'm gone. Of course, I will be thrilled to find out I'm wrong and will happily eat crow. I will "hope for the best and plan for the worst" which means I'd better make this life count for something.

~Q

• poppers
    poppers

For an interesting read on this I recommend Michael Newton's book Journey of Souls:

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit