Remember the American Indian Tract?

by purplesofa 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My hubby's side of the family is indian...His Great Grandma was named Miniwa Travelstead..I can't remember what tribe they came from. For some reason I am thinking it was souix..

You could really tell by looking that his grandma and his mom had indian blood in them.

His sister had all kinds of indian decorations in her house to "display " her indian heritage...according to them the indians were next to god!

AND they were all JW's..(except for the great grandma...)

Now my grandson , upon learning that he has indian blood in him is delighted. He even got a tatoo of a dreamcatcher on his back. He is delighted because his dad is adopted and they know nothing about their family tree. So now he has something to "Brag" about ...only thing is he looks more like Tom Cruise than an indian...

I can't believe the WTBTS actually set up a booth for that...

I guess the African american and white and chinese and Germans etc.... all want equal time?

Snoozy..

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I'm with Outlaw.

My first thought exactly was that this mag is segregationist!

Where is whitey?

All other mags I have ever seen are contrived to show a mixture of races.

Well, I guess Outlaw is right. There will have to be a WT reservation.

• hubert
    hubert

Hey, Purps, what about setting up an ex-jw booth at that convention?

I guess they couldn't stop us, if we paid for a spot, eh?

Hubert

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

LOL, Hubert,

sounds good to me, we certainly would have heaps of literature.

purps

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

It looks to me like it is a test case to see what the results are.

Always late to abandon their antiquated methods, perhaps they are beginning to realize that the door-to-door method has outlived it's useful life.

BA- What next, sound-cars?

• rebel8
    rebel8

How sad. Just what these people need--more manipulative shysters lying to them.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is just wonderful.

You can live in a happy paradise, if you put on white man clothes and do what white guys in Brooklyn tell you what to do, like abandon most of your culture because it is too "pagan".

I wonder if the WT will strip them of the dreamcatcher, the flute, and any other traditional cultural items because after all, they have "pagan" roots. If not, how can they justify taking away Christmas, toasting and other things that they claim have pagan roots?

• purplesofa
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

kurtbethel,

This is just wonderful.

You can live in a happy paradise, if you put on white man clothes and do what white guys in Brooklyn tell you what to do, like abandon most of your culture because it is too "pagan".

How banal and boring and generic paradise seems when you water down everyone's culture as the WT does.

purps

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh my god- that is so lame.

Nice token eagle in the air in the paradise pic. -And deer antler and canoe in the bible study pic.

Just they wait- once they get dunked as a JW all that stuff gets the AXE. The JWs are all about TOTAL UNIFORMITY. And not in animal pelts either. Those unfortunate native folks'll be stuck in polyester suits and ties...

The JWs don't respect shit about ANYone's culture.

What a deceitful display-booth at that fair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit