I'm still afraid of Demons and "things that go bumps in the night" why?

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I think there is no God or Satan or Ghosts or UFO's....but....my sub-consciuos mind is so messed up by Witnesses if I hear a bump in the night I need to investigate....in the back of my mind I fear Demons more then a burgular! It so weird, it was drummed into me all my life, it still freaks me even though logically I know it's not at all real. I have a bad dream and jump up to check the house....how's that for a 37 year old 6 foot 4 man?

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me there are more real-live people to be afraid of that you can see.

• happy1975
    happy1975

It's heavily ingrained. They use irrational fear to control people.

Happy

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I agree with blondie...but this fear is irrational, mainly when I'm in a half asleep state of mind...I jump up, check the house...then kick myself in the butt and go to bed.

• dinah
    dinah

Yep, heavily ingrained. Just think back to how often they spoke of demons and evil spirits. They always had "experiences" in yearbooks and magazines about people dabbling around with things they ought not and getting possessed or harassed by demons.

Fear tactic. Don't watch this movie, don't buy that record, or you are just asking for the demons to attack you.

If you think about it, what could be more scary than being attacked by something you are powerless to defend yourself against. Oh yeah, if you scream Jehovah, they'll leave you alone. The demons hear his name and shudder, remember?

• Robert7
    Robert7
    if you scream Jehovah, they'll leave you alone. The demons hear his name and shudder, remember?

I never got this... if the demons shuddered just hearing the name Jehovah, then why should JWs be scared of them?

• kzjw
    kzjw

Oh yeah, if you scream Jehovah, they'll leave you alone. The demons hear his name and shudder, remember?

My wife will do this when she gets a little freaked out...I just thought it was about the common tendency we have to call on God when in crisis. But after reading this I realize she is a little heavy handed with her use of "Jehovah" and has a slight pre-occupation with "demons". Do they really still teach this today, or is it an old teaching from 10 or more years ago?

• dinah
    dinah

I'm guessing they still teach it today. My mom had a "demon" scare a few weeks ago. Windy day, one of the doors in her house kept opening by itself! *GASP* She called me trying to figure out if there was anything in her house that would invite demons.

I said "Mom! It's windy as h*ll outside!"

She said, yeah you're right. Just my imagination, I guess.

Jeez.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Witness007, I find it difficult to believe you don't like to bump in the night.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Beks LoL..... I'm a Demon in the sack...LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit