Why are wedding rings allowed?

by Newborn 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kudra
    Kudra

Wedding rings encircle the left finger which was thought to be in a line directly to the heart- that's all I know about that.

Bridesmaids?? Well, originally you had to have a bunch of "decoys" of the bride (read: bridesmaids) so that when the demons that were in attendance tried to steal the bride to take her away (to do god-knows-what) they would be confused and likely grab a false bride.

Thaaaaats not pagan...

I am sure as many people know about the origins of wedding rings and bridesmaids as do the origins of clinking glasses. Those JWs have absolutely no common sense or logical reasoning skills. They just believe and do anything and everything that the Governing Body tells them to.

-K

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Well, like any cult they have not made rule concerning it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mary, I love your "WTF" on the conflicting article.

It seems that the JW's only create rules against things that would allow normal
    relations with "THE WORLD." Holidays and birthdays would allow children to
    gather with worldly children and co-workers to celebrate together. Pagan symbols
    at a wedding or in a marriage are different. Weddings bring the JW's together if
    they are to have a Kingdom Hall wedding. No need to rule against bridesmaids and
    groomsmen when you can just make rules about the need for them to be approved
    and in good standing. No need to rule against a ring when it helps keep worldly
    men or women away from the wearer. Wedding anniversaries are okay because
    they are generally celebrated by just the husband and wife and their immediate
    friends. As long as you tell them who their immediate friends should be, it's okay.

Rules against the toast are to make JW's feel uncomfortable at worldly wedding
    receptions and parties. That's why they are necessary.

• Mary
    Mary

That wasn't mine........that was actually in the article.

altalt

• StAnn
    StAnn

<ding, ding, ding, ding, ding>

"I raise my glass to the one true God and ask that he bless Mary for being an endless font of knowledge about where to locate bulls*@t in the WTS' publications. Here, here!"

StAnn

• inkling
    inkling

That wasn't mine........that was actually in the article.

Lol, that makes it even better! I think it was in reference to how totally irrelavent the cited scripture is: (the entire cited verse is highlighted)

You must not take up an untrue report. Do not cooperate with a wicked one by becoming a witness who schemes violence. 2 You must not follow after the crowd for evil ends; and you must not testify over a controversy so as to turn aside with the crowd in order to pervert justice. 3 As for the lowly one, you must not show preference in a controversy of his.

Yeah, the scripture is TOTALLY talking about toasting a sky god to grant favors...

WTF...

WTF indeed

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit