Hey Lurkers in the forum:

by Cheetos 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Hey lurkers those of you who used to use your own brain in the past do you ever miss thinking for yourself's on major situations rather than running to elders or scrambling to read WT articals. Hey did you forget it feels good. There is this elder in our family he comes to drop off the magazines to my mom here at my house you would think as a holly elder he would not be rude by stopping and saying hello to my mom who is still an active JW, but he won't even set foot in the house becase as you can see I have a beard and don't go to meetings anymore I'm telling yeh now that is christian.

Think of one major thing in you life that you can decide for youself that probley will get you into trouble if you decide for yourself, I can't

1. Employment
    2. Finding a mate
    3. Taking out a loan for a boat other extra personal items, you will at least get a visit from the elders snooping around.
    4. The way you or your family dress's
    5. Where you surf on the internet
    6. Oh crap even if you want to date every sister in the hall

Oh hell there are really so many things I can't stand it when I think about it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This is so demeaning to those who come here but never post.

How many times have people said they lurkers for months or even years before they got the courage to post something.

Instead of bashing them perhaps a welcome would be more in order. Believe me bashing someone over the head will never help them. We should know. Almost of us have been there at one time.

I'm tempted to lock the thread but I won't.

• blondie
    blondie

Just a reminder that all caps and bolding is the same as shouting.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cheetos..You can`t paint everyone with the same brush..There are a lot of lurkers who are too shy to post at the moment..We don`t want to discourage them......Personally I would lock this thread up.............You seem very pissed off..That`s OK,lots of us are.....But..You can`t take it out on the lurkers......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Honesty
    Honesty

Take a dose of medicine, Cheetos.

You skipped your last 3 doses and look what it has turned you into.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Employment, finding a mate, the way I dressed... I allowed my Watchtower upbringing to dictate these things to me all my life.

I lurked here for a long, long time and it was some posts like these that made me *think* about what I was getting myself into,
    when I was studying in my 30's and thought I wanted to get baptized.

And I didn't! Snatched out of the fire, so to say.

When I was still living with the parental units years ago, the elders would come by unannounced to drop off magazines and
    encourage my brother to return to meetings. If I answered the doorbell, they'd ask for him. No eye contact with Susie Reject.

My brother still remembers *to this day* how they'd love bomb him, but dismiss me as some piece of garbage, all because
    some self-righteous sister canceled my study at age 19. But he was okay for just fading out at 18?

Therefore I don't find this post demeaning to lurkers; it confirms my own family's experiences. Others' mileage may differ.

~Sue

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It's never acceptable to have a go at lurkers on this forum. Just because you've got the cajones to grow a beard doesn't mean you're braver or more intelligent than anyone who lurks.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Good thing the spelling police have not seen the opening post of this thread.

If they did, someone would get a severe personal bashing.

-Aude.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Take a hit from the spliff brah, don't scare off the noobs.

BTS

• wobble
    wobble

All Lurkers are welcome!

I was a lurker for at least ten minutes when I discovered JWD,then I couldn't stop myself,I just had to add to the total but lovely confusion that this site is.

It is so inclusive,we even have some on here who are half way to sanity,if you are lurking,keep at it ,read and learn and grow,and then I don't doubt you will post ,and if you want, tell us your story.

Love,peace and wellbeing to all,

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit