Stumper for JWs

by JimmyPage 28 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

bible says Great Crowd is before the throne in heaven....

WT says they are on earth but bible - but bible never says that or even implies it. Without the twisted reasoning of the WT a sane christian would never come to this false interpretation.

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

Prohibition on Beards (you can't be used on the platform) The requirement to hand in a monthly report

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Paradise earth - not in the Bible

2300 days = 1938-1944???????

other sheep will live on earth (can't be proven from the bible either)...

1935 the anointed will end (ooops, new light has already fixed that, sorry for mentioning it)

A@G

BTW, what's finger puddin? (Don't get this thread locked, just PM me, lol)

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Who was the FDS that gave C.T. Russell his food at the proper time?

In the January 15, 1975 Watchtower on pages 46-47, it is explained thusly:

“Jesus Christ is head of the congregation, his slave, and his words show that he would strengthen them to feed his "domestics" right down through the centuries. Apparently one generation of the "slave" class fed the succeeding generation thereof as well as continuing to feed themselves.

We see then that Jesus Christ called attention to this method of feeding his people not as isolated, independent individuals, but as a close-knit body of Christians having real love and care for one another.”

According to the above-described doctrine, there had to be a chain of FDS from 33 C.E. down to C.T. Russell's time. Thus, C.T. Russell should have simply associated with the FDS of that time and kept right on truckin'...but that's not how it happened...

Compare this with how the Watchtower publication “God’s Kingdom of 1000 Years Has Approached” pages 185-186 describes Charles’ Russell’s Bible study method:

“Thirty years later found a small group of men, not associated with the Adventists or affiliated with any of the religious sects of Christendom, studying the Holy Scriptures at Pittsburgh (Allegheny) Pennsylvania, U.S.A. They studied independently so as to avoid looking at the Bible through sectarian spectacles.”

• yknot
    yknot
    explain please...i typed in "new system" on the cd and got 4334 hits

Oompa...... type in new system, sort by year, scroll down & click on dx86 New System of Things...

NEW

SYSTEM OF THINGS

(See New World)

that is it, see New World......

• oompa
    oompa
    A@G: BTW, what's finger puddin? (Don't get this thread locked, just PM me, lol)

true story...when I was about 16, a buddy of mine got into a little trouble and went to the elders because of a nagging conscience ...he told me he got a little hot and heavy with his girlfriend and had a little "finger puddin"...lmao...i knew he meant, and where is finger went, and have never heard the phrase again though it still cracks me up...but today they call it "outercourse"...........oompa If you need it more graphic [email protected] pm me

• yknot
    yknot

Arguing for the Noahide law of blood in Acts but then pointing out that Paul refutes the part of about eating food sacrificed to idols....

Besides Acts 15 is the result of a bunch of grumpy old Israelites men who created these adherence for the Gentiles as a 'membership' agreement.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Does it say n the bible we need to wear a suit and tie for men and a dress for women?

• yknot
    yknot

3 man-JC or congregational vote?

Hint: Knorr/Franz created the Kangaroo Court.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit