Growing up and facing going back to school after Christmas break.

by crapola 10 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

How did you who grew up as Witnesses face the questions of "what did you get for Christmas" when you went back to school after the break? I found it to be very stressful as a child trying to explain why I did'nt get anything. Sometimes I even made up fake gifts just to make myself not look so different. Did anyone else do this?

• horrible life
    horrible life

I remember listening to what the other kids got. 6th grade is what I remember most. I even hated being a JW back then. Why, oh Why did I get baptised?

Go Sooners!! #1 OU

• blondie
    blondie

I hated the themes you had to write about Christmas at your house. I would write a sermon on why Christmas was pagan and the teacher would not read it, but I got a good grade.

I hated too being asked what I got. I had non-jw relatives that mailed presents though and I visited homes of friends and saw their trees at the festive food and listened to the songs....since my dad was no a jw.

Blondie

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Oh yeah I'm with you on making up fake gifts.

• yknot
    yknot

THREE OPTIONS....

1. Mom lets you skip school...

2. Mom lets you go late to school...

3. Library time....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Just be glad you discovered this board while you're in high school. The internet hadn't even been invented when I was a young dub. A little knowledge could have helped me out a lot years ago.

• Honesty
  • crapola
    crapola

Hey Jimmypage, I'm way past high school age, was just remembering how it was back then.

Honesty, interesting video!

• crapola
    crapola

Hi Horrible Life,

I'm a big OU fan also. Do you live in Okla?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I did a lot of library time or sitting in an empty classroom time. Hated it. Got to the point where I just didn't tell my parents when the class was going to have a holiday party and I hardly ever talked about being a jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit