At Bethel are there any women managers at all?

by VM44 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

jw women can supervise non-jws just not baptized brothers.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Right on, Blondie! For what it's worth, after I left Bethel, Jolene Chu took my job in Writing. Yes, she went to University and Harry Peloyan was very excited that she was in the Writing Dept. doing research. I believe that I was told she was not raised as a JW, but that statement needs additional checking. She worked at the New York Times along with Laurie Goodstein, NYTimes Religious Editor. Ms Goodstein told me how shocked she was when Jolene told her she was taking a job at the Watchtower, right at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge. She didn't know that there was no pay check involved as Jolene never brought that up. I wish I could remember more of our interesting conversation, but I can't right now.

Jolene's overseer is James Pellechia, a very senior-writer, who also is the Society's representative to the Holocaust Museum and that's why Jolene is Secretary/Director of the Holocaust-Era Survivor's Fund. James (Jim) and Jolene often travel to Europe to represent the Society before European court's that deal with human rights issues, etc. Jolene is not a Bethel manager. She is a representative of the Society because of her education and also because as an Asian and a woman, she makes the WT look quite cosmopolitan in outlook, etc.

Do some research on the Holocaust Era Surviror's Fund and you'll see that the WT is trying to get the money that the Nazi's took from JW Holocaust victims. I've been told that WT is interested in procuring the money and valuables because it will benefit them when there are no survivors or their relatives left. Additional research into this would be appreciated.

Barb

• VM44
    VM44
    that the WT is trying to get the money that the Nazi's took from JW Holocaust victims

Why would the WT be entitled to any money from the Holocaust fund?

This does not seem right, in fact, it appears somewhat disgusting.

Why does the WT have to go seek this as a source of revenue?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Why would the WT be entitled to any money from the Holocaust fund?

Many witnesses leave their estate/possessions to the WTS.

It does seem disingenuous to me for the society to go after those funds. I'm sure that there are other families more in need.

-Aude.

• sir82
    sir82
    Jolene is not a Bethel manager. She is a representative of the Society because of her education and also because as an Asian and a woman, she makes the WT look quite cosmopolitan in outlook, etc.

That's hysterical.

The WTS shows off its "cosmopolitan" Asian woman in high-profile European court cases, yet she would be "unqualified" to offer prayer in a room where an 8-year-old baptized "brother" was. The 8-year-old would "outrank" her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit