At Bethel are there any women managers at all?

by VM44 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well Loosie, I was referring to sexually repressed JW perverts overseers.

Not to men in general... we can be quite a civilized bunch once you get to know us!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If every publisher was forced to be a Bethelite for one month, the total number of publishers would drop by at least 30 percent, in the aftermath, IMHO.

It is one eye-opening experience.

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe we could say that only if you have a penis do you have a point in the WTS.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I remember when Olga Campbell was doing the decorating at Bethel. we visited down there several times with close friends of the Campbell's. It was passed on to me that Merton was upset when he found out I'd left the Witnesses.

Joy Woody, Chuck's wife, was from the Brattleboro, VT congregation, and has family there. Chuck was almost always one of our DC speakers because of that.

I remember Olga talking about some of the things you mentioned, Barb, in the evenings over drinks!

Outdated sexism has got to be taking its toll on the Witnesses. I know a lot of really bright women who just found it essentially mindless.

S4

• besty
    besty

between pointy penii and

one eye-opening experience

I don't know.....

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

We can thank the enlightened Apostle Paul for this Watchtower silliness. No teaching in the congregation. Head coverings. WTF? He must have crapped his heavenly white robe when Margaret Thatcher became British Prime Minister. Oprah and Hillary must be driving him mad.

If rank and file JWs do not get to enjoy the all of the blessings of the New Covenant as recorded in the New Testament, why should they be subject to all of the requirements? Why should they have to follow the same proclamations that "annointed" Christians were given if they are a seperate sub-group, with lesser ranking before God?

Within Watchtower culture, the only things that women are allowed to manage are households and how they arrange their book bags. They aren't even allowed to handle the sound system, magazine counter, or the microphones for that matter. Yet, ironically, they are required to meet the same demands as men: turn in time slips, etc.

Right before I left the borg, I brought up to an elder the idiocy of women not being allowed to serve in various capacities within the congregation. Do you know what he said? He said that if women served as elders, that they would not have the capacity to discipline the friends properly and that nothing would get done.

• loosie
    loosie
    Not to men in general... we can be quite a civilized bunch once you get to know us!

I know AG. I am married to a really civilized man. It just cracks me up that to be of signifigance in the org. you have to have a penis. I mean can you imagine if it were instead run by the woman with the biggest boobs instead of the smartest brain.

• Ozner
    Ozner

There are woman in "high places" in the watchtower organisaton. I found one:

JOLENE CHU, Secretary/Director, Jehovah's Witness Holocaust-Era Survivors Fund (Paterson, NY)

Also graduated on university, not one of the rank and file Jo Publishers.

• DJK
    DJK

Well,,maybe. If there is a job a man don't have the balls to do, a woman is probably in charge of it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What the Witnesses need is a "Joan of Arc" character to lead the Sisters in revolt.....nah.....the brothers would just burn her at the stake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit