God named all the stars....but wants our dustly worship...

by oompa 14 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

oops...hit enter....but anyway...i just do not understand the concept of worship...i want my kids to love me...but not worship me...and we are just tiny pathetic bags of dirt and water...and it does not seem believable that god would have all this huge struggle of the universe over how us puny short lived humans believe in him or not....billions of galaxies....yt we are the big deal??...humans think sooo much of themselves...and out of them....the tiny group of JW's think the most of themselves.....i just don't believe god cares that much about worship.........oompa

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What do you think worship is Ooompa? Counting time? What is worship to you?

And who is more needy of a recognition of the Numinous within and without ourselves, the First Cause or us wayward humans? We are the ones that are needy of communion.

BTS

• watson
    watson

God wants us to love "it," Oompa. Thank goodness we have "it's" word the bible, and "it's" word makes it perfectly clear what "it" expects of us.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Watson! You've been drinking!! Or .............smoking pot?? And what's up mister? You have a portrait in the attic???

• watson
    watson

LOL....you pegged it! Shucks.

• oompa
    oompa
    burn: What do you think worship is Ooompa? Counting time? What is worship to you?

as i said...i do not understand the entire concept of worship.......but so far......the replies are not exactly what i expected...is everyone drinking tonight?....hey my panters just went up 24-17........oompa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

God named all the stars....but wants our dustly worship...

Thats just one of many ways to try to make sense of what is going on.

No matter how you try to make sense of our existence, it doesnt make sense.

There is no way to describe and explain it that someone else can not pick apart.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I would think that worship is more for our benefit than God's. I think it is about being thankful for life and wonders of life. If you sing songs of praise and gratitude you just feel better. I don't think it has anything to do with a needy God with low self esteem that wants us to tell him how great he is. If God wants us to be happy and being thankful and appreciative is what makes us happy then it that might be why God wants us to worship.

• sacolton
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..God did name all the Planets..His favorite planet is called Burt..One day I intend to live on Planet Burt!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit