What Scholar said this?

by Cynisister 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

The substance of the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a publishing company which thinks "sales (work outside, field) are so important."

It is a swindle company which looks like a religious group.
    It is their means (measure) for deceiving people skillfully that they use the Scriptures.

In the evidence, Rutherford lived in the palatial residence at the period of Great Depression,
    and he owned two super-luxury cars, and every day he drank alcoholic drinks.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

• Earnest
    Earnest

hi possible-san,

The word 'dishonest' does not in itself mean insincere. A person could be sincere and still be dishonest if he believes his dishonesty is justified. A person who is dishonest (in words) will be one who is not telling the complete truth with the intention to mislead. A person can also be described as dishonest in business etc. if he attempts to mislead by words or action.

However, in this example the post by sir82 seems to show that the quotation was taken in context, whether or not Yeager's understanding of Acts 20:20 is correct.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Earnest.

I appreciate your view.

Although I may be able to agree with your opinion, I feel that your view is so narrow and rigid.
    We are not merely discussing the definition of an English word.

"Sincerity" (Honesty) is a issue of the heart.
    Therefore, our heart feels that a certain person is "not sincere."
    And we express by means of a word then, saying "That person is not sincere."

Only the person who quotes by disregarding the context is not expressed as "an insincere person."

I have already explained clearly the reason which I feel that "they are insincere (dishonest)."
    Therefore, probably you will not know even the name of the author of that book, without the Internet.

possible
    http://bb2.atbb.jp/possible/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit