How To Get Fired as Congregation Secretary!

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

When I did not go out in service for the first time in my life in Sept 07, I was hounded for months by the secretary and other brothers for the time. I got the usual "Are you sure you didn't speak to anyone?" routine, and all seemed to be shocked when I calmly replied that I was sure I had not spoken to anyone the whole month long...

About the OP: I think the easiest way to not be sec'y is to say:"I don't want to be the sec'y anymore"

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I found a way to get myself fired from being the Accounts Servant. I would the deposit the congregation funds bi-weekly. The new CO, who could have been a stunt double for the Matrix's Agent Smith, insisted on it being weekly. Well, I didn't. A few months later in mid '06, another stiff got the job. A real ambitious brown nosing "want to be promoted soon" type. A lot of bros go for positions for the status. Anyway, a couple of months later I decided to start the new theocratic year by giving up MShood all together.

That job couldn't have gone to a better guy either. I remember a recently DF'ed bro sitting in hall who's glasses dropped into the aisle slighly behind him. He didn't notice. Well, this ambitious bro was sitting a couple of rows behind, saw the glasses, looked up and saw who they belonged to, and passed on doing the decent thing and picking them up and handing them to him. Yours truly got up from the back, red faced, picked up the glasses and handed them to the fellow. I couldn't help giving him a nasty stare when I turned around to walk back and he was visibly uncomfortable. What a judgemental pharisee. Talk about not being a good Samaritan.

BTS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was a cong secretary - yep - remember doing all that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit