COURT RULES VATICAN LIABLE for USA PEDO CASES - Surely WT Nervous Over This

by abbagail 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• belbab
    belbab

PORTLAND (OR)
    The Oregonian

Friday, October 07, 2005

A former Jesuit High School student has filed a $4 million lawsuit against the school, saying that a teacher molested him in the late 1980s.

The former student, identified by the initials "J.T." in the lawsuit, claims that the Rev. John Schwartz engaged in various sex acts with him in 1986 and 1987.

John Kaempf, an attorney for Jesuit High School, issued the following statement:

"First and foremost, the Jesuit High School community condemns sexual abuse. In its nearly 50 years of educating students, Jesuit has never before had a priest accused of sexual abuse of a student. Jesuit's most important priority is the safety of its students.

The name of the lawyer that the WT used in Morley case in Oregon is John Kaempf. He has been awarded super lawyer designation a number of times by his peers. He is on the board of directors for a Catholic Charitable organisation. I am not being critical of his vocation. However I question why the 'Watchtower pays out big bucks to a lawyer, who according to WT terms is part of Babylon the Great.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey, thanks people, for that info on the RCC attorney working for the WT's pedo case(s). Verrrrry interesting. I guess the GB "got word" from the "24 heavenly elders" that the WT is not denominationally-bound when it comes to WT legal matters. ;-)

As far as individual JWs not freaking if they knew their beloved mother org was collaborating w/RCC attorneys, I surely would have been shocked back in the day...

And interesting too, that Baptist info... thanks!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I still say the GB will eventually be tied to responsibility of the Pedo's. And when it does, all I can say is there is a God

• avishai
    avishai

I know MS. Morley. Glad her case is getting use. What she went through was horrific. And her molester? Soon as he got out, right back in service. Don Searjent. May he rot in hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit