The HOUSEHOLDER......Did you ever hear a word they said?

by nomoreguilt 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

So, I was just reading over Confession's post about the latest tract. It was quite obvious that the dub didn't hear a word that was said about why they quit being a witness.

So, here's my question and a statement. It's true, I rarely paid attention to what the householder had to say, most of the time I just wanted to make my presentation and leave. I'd a sk a question but already had the reply that 'I " wanted to make, no matter what THEY had to say.

Did YOU have the same attitude towards them? It's been my obseervation that the run of the mill dub is also that brain dead and mind controlled unless of course the householder said, 'YES!! I'd love to study the bible with you". I think that I would have dropped dead on the spot or peed my pants.

NMG

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yes i did...especially the words "beat" or "shoot" tended to get my a@@ moving to the car.

Jeff

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I only listened enough to push my own agenda.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was a dump truck operator at the doors.

I had a load of Wathctower shit.

It needed to be dumped.

I dumped it all over the householder.

If the householder complained or objected, I pulled the lever again and dumped another load of watchtower shit on top of him.

I didn't have time to listen to their silly statments that we are all sinners in need of a savior.

I had a load of Watchtower shit to dump and I dumped it.

Now I know better and listen when people tell me that we are all sinners in need of a savior.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is this where I can get information about how to move some furniture from downstairs to upstairs?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    So, here's my question and a statement. It's true, I rarely paid attention to what the householder had to say, most of the time I just wanted to make my presentation and leave. I'd a sk a question but already had the reply that 'I " wanted to make, no matter what THEY had to say.

That's how we were taught. The KM says "listen to response then say....". Its all about giving the appearance of listening while pushing one's own agenda.

Isaac

• yknot
    yknot

When I was doing 'sincere' FS..... yes.

I even kept notes on each householder said. This way if someone said they weren't feeling well or some other life situation was going on I could reference it on the next visit and inquire on their personal well being.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never bothered because I didn't want the burden of getting that person into the cancer.

• Farkel
    Farkel

It's not just important to hear what they say, or even to listen to what they say. It's every bit as important to understand what they MEAN, which is not usually what they say. Here are a few examples from my pioneer days:

Householder: I'm busy right now.
    Translation: get the HELL out of here!

Householder: I have my own religion.
    Translation: get the HELL out of here!

Householder: this is not a good time to talk.
    Translation: it's NEVER a good time to talk with you people, now get the HELL out of here!

Householder: could you come back some other time?
    Translation: when hell freezes over, that is. Now get the HELL out of here!

Householder: you don't believe in Christmas.
    Translation: so get the HELL out of here, you FREAKS!

Householder: I've read your literature before, and don't want any more.
    Translation: my bullshit detector is better than your bullshit detector, so get the HELL out of here!

Hoseholder: My husband would get very mad if he saw your literature in our house.
    Translation: that's why I love him so much. He is very smart. Now get the HELL out of here!

Householder: I know someone who is a Jehovah Witness and I know all about your religion. I'm not interested.
    Translation: that someone is a psycho nutjob. Get the HELL out of here!

Householder: I'm not interested, but someone else in my household likes your magazines.
    Translation: I have a parrot who likes to shit on them.

Householder: Oh, yes, I would love to have those magazines. Do you have any more you could give me?
    Translation: We are moving and ran out of packing material. So just give them to me and get the HELL out of here!

Householder: I might be interested in your magazines.
    Translation: Are they absorbent?

Householder: You don't believe what's in the Bible.
    Translation: I don't believe what's in the Bible either, but at least I'm honest about it.

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

I heard several householders out in order to come back with a preprogrammed answer.

I listened attentively to one household who said the Bible is all we need.

I exited stage left after mulling over this conversation.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit