Neckties ... Does Jehovah Approve?

by sacolton 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

And the popular phrase "necktie party" denotes a vigilante style of justice usually attended by crazed individuals who take the law into their own hands...NOT very Christ-like!

-BONEZZ

• peggy
    peggy

Very interesting post for me today! I attended the Sunday portion of the two day assembly here in Wa. One of the last talks of the day was given by the District overseer. He gave an involved and lengthy experience of the brothers in Malawi. A brother from the states had been involved in the building of kingdom halls and branches. He was to go back for the dedication of some of the new buildings. He asked what the brothers needed, what could he bring on his return.

They asked for only TWO things!

A suit case FULL of mens ties!

A suit case full of pens and notebooks, so that they could take notes at the talks!

The ties were SO appreciated because they felt that they brought praise to JEHOVAH!!! The brothers were SO proud to wear them.

I found this expereince to be one of the MANY, very, very strange points on the program.

• golf2
  • golf2
    golf2

I will not get myself tie-d up on this subject.

Golf

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I always said to other JWs while I was a dub that ties were a phalic symbol ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit