I'm sad

by Newborn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hi All, it's been a while, for most part I'm happy but

I finally had to send a "I don't want to be a JW anylonger" to the elders, since they were very anxious to talk to me, which I've refused so now my only sister who's still a JW with husband at Bethel, told me she won't call or see me anymore. I've been crying all day. I know that many of you know the feeling. It's so absurd the whole thing!!! But my sister is still under that system and while in Bethel needs to be very careful of course. What a divious rule and to claim it's biblical and God's will??!!! It never seizes to amaze me how a few men are able to blind so many and split families like that and that I was like that too for many years. I'm free but looses my sister.

Happy holidays to all of you! (feels great to be able to say that without feeling guilty)

Love

Newborn

• snowbird
    snowbird

It make me sad to hear that you're sad.

Peace to you.

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

(((HUG)))

• nelly136
    nelly136

that sux :(

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Take heart. Maybe she'll get downsized at Bethel, and her eyes wil finally open.

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry.

You know just because she won't 'talk' to you doesn't mean you can't call her, send her a postcard, or a 'newsletter' of your current life happenings..... Just always include a return address and phone number.

As a former JW you have been trained to accept rejection and to press forward with repeated 'return calls and visits'.

When she is a 'good place' she will respond positively. Keep in mind that she is in a cult when she spews venom.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm sorry for the situation you've been put in because of some stupid doctrine that hurts/separates families. Yes, its different when you're outside looking in ... you really start to see things more clear on the mentality of the members. It's un-Christian how they shun and psychologicially blackmail their "apostate" family. I know this doesn't sound like something you want to hear, but you are better off now ... escaping from a high-control sect isn't easy. Hang in there. Life gets better!

Happy Holidays! Peace be with you.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry it happened with your Sis but Guilt is a most destructive force & now you have got rid of two at the same time,(1) the WT that TRIES to make every one feel guilty &(2) Christmas!!!!That you dont have to feel guilty about. Have a very happy one ,You have SO many sister's on here, just like Job you lost one & now have many,many more to replace her ....I am a Granny but would love to be a sister in faith ((((HUGS))))

Mouthy

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away

Oh newborn I'm sorry you lost a sister but you are right I do know exactly how you feel. It's so sad how this organization splits families and then they try and justify it by saying "Well Jesus said he came to divide households", blah!

You go ahead and cry, you have every right to moarn right now. But remember, your actions in the future and how you freely and happily live your life will be a witness to your sister. It may even make her think just what she is missing in her own life and start her THINKING.

You and your sister will be in my prayers. You so you may have the strength to overcome and carry on and for your sister that she may one day see the light and get out herself.

((HUGS))

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I just hope that knowing many of us have been there will help the pain. Knowing I wasn't alone helped me when I left the JWs.

Hugs,

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit