Materialism: An Example

by WTWizard 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Allow me to bring out my violin as we take in your tear jerking tale of deprivation and despair. You know wizzard, if you play your cards right, you may be able to get booked on Oprah to tell your story. If you are really shrewd, maybe a director will make a movie out of this - one of those Hallmark Movie Specials.

People who are homeless can watch your movie and feel grateful that they are not in your shoes. Afterall, what could be worse in life than being given a sub-standard blender? Oh, the tragedy!

This is the most self-indulgent, self-pittying thread I've ever seen. People on this forum have gone through incredible tragedy, and you are bemoaning the fact that people bought you cutlery that was not top quality. Jesus Christ, that's infantile!

What's next? Are you going to criticize the JW sisters for not giving you one of their tits to nurse on?

• sacolton
    sacolton
    What's next? Are you going to criticize the JW sisters for not giving you one of their tits to nurse on?

Nah. That would be Oompa. (Love you, man!)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

WT Wizard..I too at first thought you were ungrateful and then I got to thinking...the JW's do that to look good to others..they donate cheap crap but then they can talk about all the stuff they got for you..they don't mention that it will only last a month or two..or that it is stuff they used up and don't want to pay a trash man to pick up.

And what about that silverware that bends when you try to pick something up or cut something.

As far as clothes go they buy something cheap that as soon as you wash it it gets all stretched out of shape ..

but it looks good at showers...

Or blankets that shed so bad when they are washed they are thin like sheets when you are finished.

Yep, they can be cheapskates...unless it is something for a Circuit servant or someone with a title's wife.....

Then no expense spared.

Snoozy...

ps...Fading away...I hear they even make 3 ply..I saw it in the store the other day..that's a good way to stop up your plumbing FAST!...

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I dont want to pile on here... but did it ever occur to you that a big percentage of JW's wouldnt be in the upper 25% income wise if the WERE NOT Jw's anyway?

A gift is a gift... if folks were giving you stuff to get you "on your feet" count that as the blessing it was.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snoozy gets it!

Sylvia

• LayingLow
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

One lesson I learned from it all is to stay away from the bottom tier of prices. (Except shoes, where I find that $20 shoes tend to last just as long as $120 ones.) The top and bottom tiers are usually not worth it: the bottom tier tends to have inferior products that will not do a decent job or that will break after a short time (and end up in the landfills). The top tiers tend to be too specialized or mere style without quality to go along with it.

And I do not like passing on products that have reached the end of their useful lives or that are so crappy that they are expected to be someone else's problems instead of a value. Nor do I believe in saving money just so I can have more to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes or so I can spend more time in field circus.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You work friggin hard so.......why not buy the best stuff live your life.....enjoy some luxury after being denied so long...I know, it feels good.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I remember being a dumb Pioneer and not having enough to buy a Pizza so I just had Soda and said I was "dieting".....missing concerts or movies because I needed new tyres. Now I live large. I enjoy what I want. I've busted my butt for decades so if I want the 50 inch Plasma T.V I go and get it....leather couches, expensive Dinning Table.....I gave away the cheaper quilty stuff to some young folks. Feels good!

• DJK
    DJK

I've gotten worse from people who have never heard of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit