Latest tract campaign a complete bust in our area - yours?

by bud2114 35 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The extent to which a congregation gets its territory covered is greatly dependent on two things: 1) whether the elders are taking the lead to auxiliary pioneer and encourage (guilt) others into doing so, and 2) the number of regular pioneers. You can take 80% of the people in the congregation, add up what they do, and it'll amount to hardly anything compared to the efforts of the other 20%. (Incidentally, this gets into the Pareto Principle, or the "80/20" rule--a concept of organizational behavior). In other words, that 20% of membership will account for 80% of all the activity in the organization. So, if a congregation has discouraged/overworked/retarded elders, and few pioneers, they're probably going to be on the CO's shitlist.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The idea put forth by the Watchtower that the door-to-door work is the most effective method for dispensing this "life saving water" is rediculous. This ding-dong and dash charade is just a continuation of organizational tradition. It makes them stand out as "special". It reminds me of the big child character "Stuart" on the TV show MAD TV. He would jump up and down, flail around while saying "look what I can do!"

The Watchtower is basically just saying to everyone "look what we do!". This isn't about saving lives. If it was, they would more effectively use radio, cable TV, internet, and other multi-media to reach the masses. This is akin the the Pharisees who prayed on the street corners thanking God that they were not like their faithless contemporaries.

And the Pioneer Shuffle continues . . . . .

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I think a lot of peope just plain are sick of the crap.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "There was a tract work last month? Wow! Not a single JW spotted."

Yeah, that's strange. I usually get one when there's a campaign. Nothing showed up here neither.

The end must be near or something.

• ninja
    ninja

"Latest tract campaign a "complete bust" in our area".....could that be anything to do with this?......."Men's mag loses 130,000 inflatable breasts"

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

The congo I attend ran out of tracts when only half the territory was worked.

I threw out my allotment. Guess a bunch of others did too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit