Latest tract campaign a complete bust in our area - yours?

by bud2114 35 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I found a tract in Bison, OK of all places... in the mens room of the towns C-store.

So if they only got to 40% of that territory I figure thats the "quality" 40%.... things should be slowing down ... the "work" has to be nearly finished by now.

Hill

• willyloman
    willyloman

The longer I am out of dubdom (four years now), the more I realize how small and insignificant this religious group really is. We knew everybody in two or three congregations, and yet I go many months without running into any of my former dub associates (and we are active in community affairs and events and are always on the go).

No one ever knocks on my door (except the neighbor's kid, selling raffle tickets for school). I haven't seen literature on my doorstep. I couldn't tell you what the latest "tract" is about, not having seen one.

If I didn't come to this forum, I wouldn't know JWs still existed - except that there is a KH on a main thoroughfare near the mall.

The "report" mentioned above - 40% of territory covered, 5.9 hours a month - confirms my suspicion that, despite Bethel's insistence that the number of publishers is on the rise and that the "work" is increasing, they are only counting bodies and not taking the temperature of their people. They'd find the temperature lukewarm at best.

• sir82
    sir82
    despite Bethel's insistence that the number of publishers is on the rise and that the "work" is increasing, they are only counting bodies and not taking the temperature of their people. They'd find the temperature lukewarm at best.

Yep. There is virtually no real training on how to be effective preachers & teachers anymore. Oh sure there are countless Q&A articles on "the art of teaching" and the like, but it's all rote repetition & regurgitation of what is printed.

Go out on any Saturday & you'll hear the same tired "Here's-the-latest-magazine-with-this-fascinating-article-on-the-pagan-origins-of-Bermuda-shorts-would-you-like-a-copy-?-No-?-Well-then-have-a-nice-day."

No one (outside of the dozen or so zealouts alloted to each congregation) bothers to actually make an effort to do anything other than "be visible" and place magazines. That's all that matters to the CO anyway - what do the numbers on the card look like? There is no "reward", no distinction between doing a crappy job in the ministry and & doing a good job - so why bother?

• Confession
    Confession

Here's my experience of receiving my tract last month...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/168721/1.ashx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Had a tract stuffed in my ranch gate..How they found their way here is amazing..I wonder if they found their home?..LOL!!..Somebody wasted a lot of gas money to get here,they better have filled the gas tank before they left civilization..LOL!!........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• happy1975
    happy1975

I rec'd one in the mail. Plain white envelope, no return address, no note. Very weird.

-Happy

• willyloman
    willyloman

I rec'd one in the mail. Plain white envelope, no return address, no note. Very weird.

Must be their new "stealth" approach to FS. I got a message light on my office phone one day. When I played the message there was no voice on it; just some recorded music. Pretty quickly I recognized the tune: it was one of the "theocratic" song book delights. I had to laugh. I guess it was somebody's idea of "witnessing" to me. I hope they counted their time.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Maybe the tract campaign would be more appreciated in Russia where there is a "torlet" paper shortage?

• blondie
    blondie

As to addresses, they could have put the KH address, but many do not have a mail receptacle.............

*** km 11/07 p. 3 Question Box ***

Is it appropriate to affix our personal e-mail address to literature that we distribute?By means of a stamp or a printed label, some publishers have affixed their personal e-mail address to the magazines or tracts that they place with others. Those who accept the literature are then able to contact the publisher to request additional information. Such efforts to help interested ones are well-intentioned. However, our official Web site is already indicated on the back of the magazines and tracts. Therefore, it is best if we do not affix a personal e-mail address to the literature.

Whether a publisher provides people in the territory with contact information on a separate piece of paper, especially when making return visits, is a personal decision. We should take the initiative to call back on those who are interested instead of just leaving it up to them to contact us for more information. Genuine personal interest can be more readily manifested when speaking with the person face to face.

***km1/06p.7Announcements***

As a reminder, the return address of the branch office should never be used on any personal correspondence. This includes all letters and items of literature that are mailed to give a witness to interested people, to not-at-homes, or to those who live in inaccessible places.A publisher may wish to use his personal return address, since his ministry involves his personal service to God. (Matt. 28:19, 20; Rom. 10:14, 15) However, if he feels that it would be unwise to use his own return address when witnessing by letter, he may use his name and the return address of the Kingdom Hall.—See the May 2002 OurKingdomMinistry Question Box.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Not a bust in that the territory was not covered- the WT succeeded in giving its members busy work...and those who did not perform (and those who did) feel guitly for not doing enough,,,,free publicity for the WT.....busy work for the R&F...that's the WT's agenda....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit