Venturing onto other forums

by Junction-Guy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have been posting less at JWD and have been posting more on other sites that are Non-JW related.

I have been posting some of my experiences there just to guage the reaction from the public. So far, on most other boards, I have received mostly positive reviews. The amount of approval runs anywhere from 50-60% and on some general topic forums it runs as high as 90%

Alot of people have been encouraging me on, and as always there is a small group of people who like to ridicule, but they are quickly rebuffed by the majority.

These boards mostly mirror the social demographics of my country, and for once I am in the majority and not the minority.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That's very nice.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yeah it is actually so cool. Even on some boards where the majority of posters are of a different political party than me, the people are mostly respectful, and we have had alot of good,productive dialogue.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Wonderful.

• Casper
    Casper

Good for you, JG...

I am sincerely happy for you !!

Cas

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

JG, this is a healthy step for you take. I am glad you are having a good experience. You know about the new JWD? This board is going to morph into JWN. Check out the announcement section for Simon's announcement.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

With forum postings, it is the public, and you know how they can be.

I have done some postings on a few political forums. I am mostly apolitical, or what I call post political, somewhat progressive. I have posted on Free Republic and was met with generally polite responses, certainly no rudeness. Meanwhile, over on Democratic Underground I have been met with all sorts of rudeness, and a couple of the moderators are outright asses.

Like I said, you are dealing with the public.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good to hear from you, Junction Guy.

• abbagail
    abbagail

I like Ron Paul ForumS (with an "s" on the end, as there is also another RP forum without an "s" which is not the one I mean). I like the Ron Paul ForumS, you can surely keep up with the news there, and most people there are pretty smart/very aware about everything going on in the country/world. Only a few hateful retards who act up now and then, but for the most part, a very civil environment. And always interesting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit