shunning normal people now??

by chellechelle 21 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

If this woman recants and decides to be friends with your grandmother again, I hope your grandmother tells her that she can't have coffee with her anymore because she's a brain-washed, mind-controlled cult member and that's just wrong.

Stupid Dubs.

Serena

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Grandma is better off without this kind of "friend". I hope she tells everyone she knows about how judgemental and cold those people are.

• Mary
    Mary

How pathetic. The only good thing about it, is that "worldly" people are finding out from the Witnesses themselves, just how mind-controlling this damn religion actually is.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Chelle...dont worry about your language honey...sometimes there is just NO other word that describes this cult that gets the point across.

I agree with you.

hugs, D

• moshe
    moshe

JW's can get a nod of approval from other JW's when they tell the story of how they shunned this friend- it shows everyone at the KH

how loyal they are to the WT org".- and they could even get offered a part at the Circuit Assembly demonstrating how to be loyal to the Org by kicking all marginal worldly friends to the curb.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Chelechele,

They are doing this because they can't get to the people they would like to get to. They are annoyed that they can't control what disfellowshipped or disassociated people do. It bothers them that the rest of the human race can bother with a DF person and vice versa.

It is about the control they wish they had.

LHG

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If this jw has other worldly friends who are also mutual friends with your grandmother, I would advise your grandma to spread the word among all of their mutual friends that the jw is watching them for "bad behavior". Maybe they could unite and shun the jw.

• jws
    jws

If they're shunning normal people, at least that would be more consistent. Not saying it's right, but at least it makes more sense to their logic.

Theoretically, they're supposed to avoid people who could potentially subvert their faith. So it seems that wouldn't apply only to JWs who did something wrong.

I always thought it was kind of a double standard. As a JW, I would have to avoid some guy from the hall who might have been caught smoking, yet I was perfectly free to talk with anybody I work with who smoked. And insert the sin of your choice for smoking.

There were people at work living with their girlfriend/boyfriend, people who were having affairs, sex outside of marriage, doing drugs, gambling, etc. And I don't remember any particular strong warning about them. I certainly wouldn't be hauled in front of the elders if somebody saw me talking to them.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

thats fuckin retarded to be df'd just for that i always read my horoscope... my parents new this aswell.. she just didnt like it. i also have a vampire fetish always did isnt that a little demonisitc lol

• flipper
    flipper

CHELLECHELLE- As time goes on all JW's are becoming more paranoid about associating with other JW friends who are sympathetic to fading, inactive, DFed, or dissassociated relatives or friends. It is truly pathetic and weak behavior. It is typical of " cult " behavior when cults start losing members as the JW's have been having happen the last couple years - that the leaders of the cult tighten the control over the rank and file members out of fear of losing more members.

So the WT society has been telling it's people how allegedly we are " dangerous " to their spiritual health ! It is awful your grandmother's friend treated her that way - but her friend is a mind controlled robot who is told what to do by the WT society. You have had some great suggestions by everbody here - I like the one about spreading the word what this lady is doing. I'm glad you have your grandmother and I hope she stays clear of this cult as well ! For her own welfare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit