shunning normal people now??

by chellechelle 21 Replies latest jw friends

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

sorry i posted another one it was a mistake, i clicked enter by accident.....

anyways, the dubs are getting closer and closer to shunning everyone not jsut those who have been disfellowshipped or left the religion. today i got a phone call from my grandmother that one of her best friends can no longer talk to her anymore. my grandmother always didnt like the fact that my family were jw's but she was always respectful to everyone and kept her views to herself. personally i wish she didnt but this proves the point i am trying to make. they made the decision a long time ago to leave religion at the door and just be friends, not to get in any debates. anyways, my grandmother called her up for a coffee and she said that she couldnt be friends with her anymore. And you want to know why, because she helped her granddaughter.. her exact words were " i cant go out for coffee anylonger because you helped michelle move in with her boyfriend, and living together out of wedlock is wrong." what the fuck is wrong with these people. what is wrong with helping your grandaughter move, and move in with one of the nicest possible guys you could meet. i never even thought i would be in this good of a relationship from my oast experiances of abusive relationships and emotional problems. i am so sick and tired of this mantra that people are supposed to abandon their entire families, even if they werent even disfellowshipped. it makes me so pissed off i want to cry. if i were a mother there is no possibly freakin way in hell that i could leave my child and go to another state in his or her time of need. which happened to someone i know. you family and most importantly your children come before all else. fuck jehovah. your going to destroy your family over an invisible spirit in the sky.. are you fucking nuts... you guys need your fucking head examined... sorry i might get written up or something over all the cursing but im jsut so damn mad.. opinion please???

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I'm sorry this is happening in your life. These people claim to be Christian, but by their behavior it's obvious they don't know God. God is about love, not judging. Jesus said many times not to judge others. It's clear that they do not understand him.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they do start shunning regular people, it is because their "faith" is on such flimsy grounds that they cannot stand to have someone expose it. When they can no longer defend it with specious arguments, they defend it by cutting off anyone that might refute it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

At least your grandma is now over the idea that the WT is benign.

• penny2
    penny2

chellechelle, you're lucky you've got your grandmother.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It sucks, mind control makes people do things they normally would not. Consider it like a drug addiction. People who are under the influence of drugs have an altered brain, the same applies to mind controlled victims. It's not them, it's the religion making the decision. I'm not saying this to take away their responsibility in making decision, some people are just assholes but in most cases they would not act like that if it was not for the religion.

I don't think what this person is doing is "normal" policy within the JW but her decision would still be viewed as okay.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

chelle, about two years ago, i went down to my mom in Texas cuz she was having a bad time with her health and i had money to afford the flight..........while i was there, my jw family members were polite, but distant, but, after i left, my mom had incidents of someone knocking on her door in the middle of the night...........my brainwashed sister asked my mom if it might be the demons because, after all, i was DF'd for spiritistic practices.........reading about astrology and reading my horoscopes online and in the newspaper......was i pissed? absolutely, but, at the same time, i can't help but shake my head in pity for all of them because they are soooo dark ages about everything.

• MadGiant
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Good that you and grandma are not in!! purps

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

And yet they feel insulted when you call them a sect or cult... that is exactly the type of behavior that proves it. I was raised in da cult, my little sis and me are out (me dfed... she just faded) my parents have never shunned me (although soon after the fact and I came to visit them and there were some 'brothers' visiting my dad would put on a 'funny' face) my younger brother has shunned me from day one. I dont even know his address and up to a couple of years ago didnt even have his phone number (he gave it to me when mom had open heart surgery). My other sister had never shown any ill feelings toward me... until recently.

My parents 50th wedding anniversay is just weeks away... I had been planning with my sisters since summer and we decided to give them as the anniversay gift a cruise thru the Caribbean with every one chipping in... my brother included. The idea was to go as a family to a nice restaurant and with everyone there give them their present; you know see the surprise in their faces, the tears, all that makes a family a family!!!! All those small details that are soooo important! Love and caring... a priceless once-in-a-lifetime moment...

So last Saturday my jw brother and sister just went ahead without informing my little sister or me ( I am the eldest) just went ahead and told them!!!! It seems that the idea of us 4 siblings sitting together at a restaurant with our parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary was nauseating to them... so they went ahead and spoiled it for everyone, including my parents which found out what happened when I reacted to the situation... They robbed me of a 'memory for life' of my parents reaction. a Precious and sacred moment to me... I will never forgive either of them... NEVER!

So it does not surprise me that this mot#$#&*& cult is shunning anyone and everyone that does not conform to their stupid, baseless, family-dividing, murderous (blood issue) ways...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit