Jehovah's Witnesses basic beliefs

by disneycuty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

DO any of you still believe that Jehovah is God or any still don't believe in Hell, or Trinity, or The Cross?

• rhett
    rhett

I don't believe in pretty much anything at all now. There are so many contradictions, inconsistencies, and downright wrongs in the bible and cruelties attributed to god that I just can't believe it. There aren't any other religions that sound good either.
    I believe that there is a god of some sort out there and that there is an afterlife. Do I believe in trinity/hellfire/70 virgins/boogy men/etc......? No. I especially find the cross to be morbid. If one of my friends took a bullit from someone trying to rob me I would wear golden guns around my neck in remembrance of him. That's sick.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

sorry to disappoint you but i dont believe in any of those things.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

I don't know what to believe. I'm still researching. I believe in me and my power to influence my own destiny.

• somebody
    somebody
    DO any of you still believe that Jehovah is God or any still don't
    believe in Hell, or Trinity, or The Cross?

Ya forgot one. "Or do you still believe that you'll never die?"

That is the most important question, isn't it?

I don't see that one can "believe in the cross", "believe in the trinity", or "believe in hell". that's the same as saying one "believes in never dying" we'd all "believe in that" if it were reality and true. afterall..who wants to go to hell? who wants to die? who wants to be nailed onto crossbeams?

And those who believe in God , believe that God is God.

peace,
    somebody

• hippikon
    hippikon

I believe in a basic truth - People believe what they want to!

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

When I left the JW's I had turned into "one of those born-againers". Still love God, although having a hard time calling him Jehovah due to their bad influence on His name, and now have a relationship with Christ and loving it!

Freedom.

Ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/ Dogma
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

now have a relationship with Christ and loving it!
    That seems to be the key. Believing in this or that doctrine seems to me to be continuing along the same path as the Dubs are on. Once you sort out the key issue of Christ, the rest will naturally follow.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• joelbear
    joelbear

I only believe in things that seem logical.

Eternal Torment - not logical
    Trinity -- not logical
    Cross -- totally irrelevant what Jesus died on

Is there a god? yet to be proven logical

Joel

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

Ofc,

I now go to a christian church and have been "born again."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest