I thought NOBODY would ever rebuild or live in Babylon?....but.....

by oompa 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Check the last city here....I googled "Babylon, Iraq population'....and other things on the city, and one archaeological site wrote that many archaeologists urged Sadam to not build and grow modern Babylon directly over many of the old ruins....but he did it anyway. I saw a news item about their new Mayor!.....JW's used to say this could never ever happen. Is this indeed basically the same city?....only 90 miles south of Baghdad?...................oompa

http://www.citypopulation.de/Iraq.html

Al-Anbar {Al-Anbar}ANBGov???????Ar-Ramadi138,501466,100820,6901,023,7361,280,000
    <Al-Ba?rah [Basra] {Al-Basrah}BASGov??????Al-Ba?rah19,0701,008,600872,1761,556,4451,761,000
    <Al-Muthanna {Al-Muthanna}MUTGov??????As-Samawah51,740215,600315,815436,825536,300
    <Al-Qadisiyah {Al-Qadisiyah}QADGov????????Ad-Diwaniyah8,153423,000559,805751,331866,700
    <An-NajafNAJGov?????An-Najaf28,824389,700590,078775,042946,300
    <As-Sulaymaniyah {As-Sulaymaniyah}SULAReg??????????As-Sulaymaniyah17,023690,600951,7231,362,7392,159,800
    <At-Ta'min [Tameen] {At-Tamin}TAMGov???????Kirkuk10,282495,400601,219753,171839,100
    <Babil [Babylon] {Babil}BABGov????Al-?illah6,468592,0001,109,5741,181,7511,444,400
  • Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Yeah, I heard they were getting ready to build it up to become one of the most famous cities on the earth until the war.

Did you ever see that scripture in the bible where God calls Bablyon his people?

• blondie
    blondie
    The role of Saddam Hussein's Babylonian palace was more symbolic than functional. When American troops entered Babylon in April, 2003, they found little evidence that the palace had been occupied or used. Saddam's fall from power brought vandals and looters. The smoked glass windows were shattered, the furnishings removed, and architectural details - from faucets to light switches - had been stripped away.

http://architecture.about.com/cs/countriescultures/a/saddamspalace.htm

• Madame
    Madame

I recently took a taxi to the Landvetter airport outsid Gothenburg. To my surprise the driver told me he came from Babylon, Iraq.

• oompa
    oompa

oops...i just noticed that the header of these columns did not paste....they are years of course...and the population says over 1 million now??.........oompa

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gosh, saddam made a liar out of jehovah. It;s a good thing that bush took him out, finally. Who knows HOW much damage he could have inflicted on the biblical reality fabric, if he would have been allowed to continue w his evil plans.

S

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hah, that's nothing. Isaiah 17 says that Jehovah would utterly destroy Damscus and it will be a desolate ruin for all time.

Damascus is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It has never once been completely ruined.

Whoops, jehober!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hah, that's nothing. Isaiah 17 says that Jehovah would utterly destroy Damscus and it will be a desolate ruin for all time.

Damascus is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It has never once been completely ruined.

Whoops, jehober

Oh, come now, don't you know? When Jehovah (gag gag) says anything it's open to 'interpretation', he is love, but he'll kick your arse if you don't follow him, he is glorious and the alpha omega, yet the angels thought he sucked as a boss and 1/3 quit, he cannot error but he regretted making man.

He's the king of the spin, the WTS has nothin on him. He probably meant that 'metaphorically' Damscus would be desolate, yeah desolate from true spirituality, thats it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People are always trying to make the WBT$ look bad..Saddam was living in Babylon just to piss the WBT$ off!........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Whoops, jehober!

Isaiah was probably referring to the antitypical Damascus. W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit