JW's who are proud of their non-JW children

by JimmyPage 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Recently my brother took the speaker and his wife out for lunch. I was visiting my bro at the time so I tagged along.

During the course of the meal the couple started talking about their kids. Even though not educated themselves, they were beaming about all of their educated children.

The mom even pulled out her daughter's business card which stated that her girl taught kickboxing exercises and yoga.

When relating their own personal JW experiences the speaker said, "I knew it was the Truth right away." Well, sh*t, how come your kids can't see that?

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My ex brother in law did this. He bragged about his non-JW kids. Neither one amounted to anything

• integ
    integ

Yeah. The Sinclairs are always bragging about their little "Joey" who was baptized but has since done NOTHING with the truth.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

That would bother me when my in laws would brag about their worldly nieces and nephews, "oh they went to this great college, then had a big fancy wedding,and bought an extravagant home here or there". Well I think that's fine but they raised us to be paupers in a crazy cult and deep down that's what they value. Used to bug me more when I was younger and gave up everything for this religion.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's like they are saying, since they are not a JW, I am sooooo glad they are successful in the "world"

purps

• Honesty
    Honesty

Recently my brother took the speaker and his wife out for lunch. I was visiting my bro at the time so I tagged along.

During the course of the meal the couple started talking about their kids. Even though not educated themselves, they were beaming about all of their educated children.

The mom even pulled out her daughter's business card which stated that her girl taught kickboxing exercises and yoga.

When relating their own personal JW experiences the speaker said, "I knew it was the Truth right away." Well, sh*t, how come your kids can't see that?

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

I spewed Hawaiin Punch all over my keyboard and monitor when I read this.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sorry for the mess, Honesty. At least you're not drinking Kool Aid anymore!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I weaned myself off the JW Kool-Aid after I learned how toxic it is and what it does to the mind.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    It's like they are saying, since they are not a JW, I am sooooo glad they are successful in the "world"

This is the attitude the organization should have and not just for non-JW kids. Seems as if the only choice the WTS offers kids is to make the preaching work the focal point of their lives. Why can't they say that if one isn't going to pioneer it is better to become educated and make something out of your self rather than be a zero (which is what many JW kids become).

• carla
    carla

I don't get this either!!! My jw often talks with some pride about one of our children who is in a field (at the moment) that most definitely a huge no-no (df-ing offense) in dubland! I wonder if he whines about it at the hall? When with worldly people he does the normal parent thing but when with he does the oposite? I will never know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit