how close can you get to someone on jwd?.....without...

by oompa 56 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

even meeting them?......i have quite a few friends here....some i have met...some i have not......but i am really amazed at how well you can get to know and appreciate other people here, without ever having met them in person....i guess the kids with the myspace and facebook etc....are used to it...but i had never even visited any type of online community except for a car or motorcycle question!!!.........

there are so many of you here i would LOVE to have over to my apostabeachplace....which i could arrange on my apostaphone......and if i ever do win the lottery,i will fly you in on my apostajet.............oompa

• restrangled
    restrangled

oompa...My son is taking lessons for private flyinging.....so when he earns his wings ....I'm sure he will help out! Take care dear!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I love chatting with you, and hope to do it some more!!

I have become so close to several on here, some are my best friends!!!!

• oompa
    oompa

as any hopeless romantic will know...just a hundred years ago or so.....snailmail was by ship between the continents.....months between letters...yet many became fast friends or lovers....so in that light....it does seem very possible you can get to know others quite well in absentia........anyhoo....I LOVE YOU GUYS!!.........oompa

• beksbks
    beksbks

IP-Sec and I are married and have three children, although we've never met.

• wings
    wings

oompa and I have sailed the Caribbean, although we have never met.

wings

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

oompa and I have sailed the Caribbean, although we have never met.

This is starting to sound like "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf".

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yes one of our beautiful sons is a doctor, and a lawyer.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I feel you can get close to people. On line you are forced to talk with each other. If you are on the phone, you have to talk. If you meet people in person and only see each other in person, you don't have to talk and reveal as much of yourselves to each other.

I've gotten a few tongue in cheek marriage proposals on JWD. Oh you charmin' fellas of JWD. Why ya'll sure know how to make us gals feel good. Seriously, though, I can honestly say that I have friends all over the world. Men and women. I am very grateful for all of you.

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Oomps! There are several from here I am quite close too. We just all live so far away from each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit