The burdensome load of a Jehovah's Witness - did you feel this way?

by jambon1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie
    while we were "in it" we didn't realize how unhappy we really were;

I hear ya there. I didn't understand why God gave us this life if we weren't allowed to lived it like we wanted.

• watson
    watson
    A night or day off without guilt! Of course, that is the real reason they feel better for going regardless, they don't feel guilty

Great point, never looked at it that way.

• The Missus
    The Missus

All the time. But then someone once told me that if you are feeling too comfortable and good about what youre doing in the congregation then youre not doing enough - its good to feel anxious, that's what keeps you motivated. ha!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I just couldn't wait until I was 18, then I left

nj

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Jambon1,

Yes, I felt the same way. I stayed at the 'party' too long. When I look back in reflection the happy moments there were few and far between. Most of it was about fending off users, judgmentalism, mind-games etc. and just plain being disillusioned

LHG.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I echo the burdens that everyone else felt. The guilt about missing a Sat service day was always there. The burden really accelerated once I was made an elder since you really never got a break. I honestly don't know how I did it all. I have friends that are still elders and the number 1 topic of conversation is how they are swamped. But, they (and when I believed I was the same way) think they're doing all these things for God. After all, once you get to the new system, you can do what you want, right?

• Robert7
    Robert7

I hated losing 2 nights a week, and the occasional Saturday. Book Study sucked because for a 1 hour meeting your whole night was shot. Service meeting was just boring and I always left unfulfilled. And Saturday service, gosh I wanted 1 day a week to sleep in, and that was too much to ask.

I resented how much time it all took from my life, and every meeting and every Saturday looked for a reason to miss a meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit