are jws qualified to teach the bible?

by badboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

In the tract delivered saturday, it said that a neighbour qualified to teach the bible would come around if you wanted.

are they actually qualfiied?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

If you call reading from a wts book and then reading individual verses, then yes....but when I have asked my wife or her study sister about studying the Bible....they are lost without the pubs......in fact my wife all but parrotted the WTS when she said one can not interpret it without the assistance of the pubs.

• snowbird
    snowbird

NO!!!

Some JW's are qualified to teach what the WT says the Bible teaches.

Only the Holy Spirit is qualified to teach the things of God.

Peace to you, Badboy.

Sylvia

• carla
    carla

jw's teach the Bible? since when?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hardly, the over majority couldn't pick their nose without direction of the WTS. literature beside them and the way the WTS.

wants the bible to be understood.

There is usually only handful in any given congregation that might be considered scholarly or somewhat knowledgeable.

• AnneB
    AnneB

It's up to the organization issuing the qualifications to determine who is qualified. If WT says any baptized JW or any "publisher" is qualified, then any person fitting that definition is qualified.

It's up to the consumer to determine whether engaging the services of a particular organization will meet requirements or not. Sadly, most consumers have no idea what is actually required.

Caveat emptor.

• blondie
    blondie

so many jws are dependent on jw publications and cannot teach anything from the Bible without reaching for a WT publication. I remember a woman who said she would study with us if we only used the Bible..........I thought the sister with me was going to die...."I can't just use the Bible! How would I be able to explain what it says......." I was stunned because she had been a jw for 30 years.

I found that when I played bible pictionary or guess bible verses at jw parties, that I had little competition. Too much studying WT publications.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I found that when I played bible pictionary or guess bible verses at jw parties, that I had little competition. Too much studying WT publications.

Same here.

In fact, I was once counseled with 1 Corinthians 8 about knowledge puffing up whereas love built up.

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The average non-religious person knows squat about the Bible, so a JW knows
    a bit more.

The problem is that they are so warped by WTS and their teachings could be
    compared to elementary school teachers instucting the average person on
    nuclear physics.

The average person thinks the teacher knows what he is talking about because
    they don't know anything, but building a reactor according to their instructions
    would certainly cause a big mushroom cloud.

That was not my initial response to your question. Here was my initial answer:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Why of course they are not qualified to teach the Bible.
    Every person who wants to learn needs to learn the Bible on their own.
    They should also learn the Koran and tenents of Buddhism, but they
    can skip the Book of Mormon.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

In my opinion, NO. I find their only use of the Bible is in backing up Watchtower propoganda...or am I being cynical?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit