Does anyone have the 2014 stats from the 2015 Yearbook yet?

by berrygerry 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Hmm, for some reason I wasn't expecting the baptisms to go down this year.  In these parts (midwest US) I have seen more baptisms this year than in recent years. Mostly born-ins, as they seem to be on a push to get them baptized.  But that is just what I have seen personally.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Percentage increase 2.2 .
    But baptisms are -1%
    Interesting.

I noticed that as well.  I suppose this is because the 8.2 (peak)/7.9 million (average) publishers being reported on includes unbaptised publishers?

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I think the discrepancy between the percentage increase and less baptisms could also be partly due to disfellowshipped JWs being reinstated. The hype about 2014 being 100 years since the birth of the kingdom could have scared some indoctrinated DF'd JWs into returning. They would add to the increase in publishers without showing up as new baptisms. 
  • Splash
    Splash

Phizzy Percentage increase 2.2 .

But baptisms are -1%

Interesting

The number of baptised has remained pretty stable for many years - around the 260,000 - 280,000 per year mark.

If the peak publisher and hours in ministry figures are increasing by a higher %ge than the baptised are being added, that means the publishers are each increasing their time and effort.

Finally, the constant message ("DO MORE!!") is taking effect.

Splash

• steve2
    steve2

I'd guess most of the increase in publishers is in third-world/less socially-economically developed countries as reports so to speak from my still-in family are that even meeting attendances are so-so here in NZ.

Awaiting the 'release' of the details in the 2015 Yearbook later this month.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

The 2015 Yearbook was just published on their web site.  

PDF, E-pub, mobi

Here is a Non-Jw download link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2fYNzAbUpqFb0VMdHA5RGNWYUk&usp=sharing

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Here are the numbers http://imgur.com/a/tq97b

Sample:

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Even an increase in number of hours required for one convert: now 7059.58 hours per convert, or 294 days. I think it was 261 days last year, if I recall correctly.

One out of every ~34 bible studies becomes a JW.

2.3 additional JWs per congregation.

• leaving_quietly
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Seems pretty consistent with previous year's numbers. Growth is anemic but still growth. LOL at the memorial partakers! That seems to be their biggest percentage increase.

I really wish I knew the percentage of baptized that were born-in. It's got be huge. Lots more hours without any results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit