My first concert - Melbourne Billy Joel on Saturday night!!

by Witness 007 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"The Piano man" is coming to Melbourne on Saturday night so I bought some Gold level upper tickets $200 each....good seats! My first real concert if you don't count District Conventions. I think he's great and should be fun. My wife seems okay the last few days as she is suffering depression I hope she will go.....otherwise if she cancels I have a Witness friend I can ask....if he cant go last minute then I will go by myself!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Cool. That should be a great show.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sounds like fun, enjoy!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow you got a lot of catching up to do...

but decent first choice..a couple of years ago i was going to see billy touring with elton ..and then he took unwell..but i understand they are touring again together next year. and that is a must see for me.

something to think about is not paying so much next time and then you will be able to see more acts more often. and if melbourne is anything like glasgow then think about seeing decent unsigned or recently signed acts for about $10 a pop

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If Radiohead tickets go on sale down there, jump on them. Their shows are amazing.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    My first real concert if you don't count District Conventions.

I LOL'd

• shamus100
    shamus100

Billy Joel? Isn't he 90 and in a wheelchair?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

My first concert was Incantation last summer.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This thread has me wondering....was going to concerts taboo in your JW congregation?

I went to many concerts when I was a JW.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    was going to concerts taboo in your JW congregation?

It depends if the act was Black Sabbath or Wayne Newton.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit