When SHOULD you have "woken up" ?

by wobble 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I woke up while my folks were still students. Mark Lett (Steve Letts dad) talked hisself into a few spirals of circular reasoning even an 11 year old could chipher out as BS.

But I liked the social aspect..had freinds and a place to hang out and was generally happy with things until people started screwing with me for doing the "right" stuff.

Waking up and gettin out of bed are two seperate things.

~Jeff

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I woke up with the GB wrote to the congs and abolished the much vaunted BSG. I left within 2 months.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I should have never gotten involved. I ignored a bunch of red flags in the beginning. The blood issue, holidays, the headship thing, they all bothered me from the start. They always seemed to stress the paradise and tell me to ignore other things. I am too trusting a person.

I would have never joined if the internet exixted then. I google everything I need to know about now. Hopefully, that will limit a lot of their recruits these days.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Choosing Life, you read my mind...

I should have never gotten involved. I ignored a bunch of red flags in the beginning. The blood issue, holidays, the headship thing, they all bothered me from the start. They always seemed to stress the paradise and tell me to ignore other things. I am too trusting a person.

I shoulda done my homework first but I was liking the socialness it provided.

What a moron I am.

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

First of all, I was around jws almost all my life. Then I really started studying at 19 with an elder I'd known from my youth. Every study and every conversation he had a habit of saying things like: "The SOCIETY says..." or "The publications say..." Not really referring me to the Bible but referring me to "the society". He even did that from the platform when he gave talks or conducted the book study or the TMS. "The SOCIETY says so-and-so..." he would say.

Looking back that was a red flag.

• crapola
    crapola

When I was with my daughter in a meeting with the elders and one of them siad that "when you are talking to me you are talking to Jehovah" .That really has bothered me ever since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit