They "Keep Following the Lamb" - February Study Article (Praise for the GB)

by Ultimate Reality 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

OK, there's something that disturbs me about this. I've listened to the audio of the February 2009 article (which is based on Anthony Morris' talk in '07) and there is something missing. Something HUGE.

When expounding upon the reasons why all Witnesses should "trust the slave", they have left off one IMPORTANT KEY element: The Slave's appointment in 1919.

Did I miss it somewhere in the audio? I don't remember Anthony Morris talking about it either. It seems to me that instead of trying to emphasize the 1919 date, they are now leaving that one bit of information out, seeing as how it can be proven by their own literature that they were NEVER appointed in the first place. Wouldn't it be easy to discard 1914 if 1919 weren't in the picture? I thought that if they discarded 1914 first, they would have to do something about 1919. But what if they discard 1919 first, make the people forget they ever taught it (doublethink), and then work backwards to discard 1914 as well?

Just a thought... (by the way, if I missed the mention of 1919 in the audio, please let me know.)

No 1919 = No 1914 =

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is blatantly obvious that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is not Christian, despite that they claim the religion to be the only true Christian religion.

Jesus taught people to think for themselves. He had zero tolerance for people that sought to oppress the members with unnecessary rules. He did, however, accept people that were "sinners". And he wanted to get them into true conscious thinking.

The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is toe one that seeks to oppress. They have zero tolerance for people that think on their own or do their own research. They will not accept people that "sin" after knowing that something is a "sin". (Don't believe it? Just try putting up a Christmas tree in Ted Jaracz's dwelling and see how long it takes for him to denounce you.)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

George Bush said it best when he said...."Fool me once shame on......fool me.......fool me once and your not gonna fool me again...." Wise words. lol.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Civic:

Dates are a major problem for them.

The internal harmony of the scriptures and secular evidence (including certain statements in WT publications) clearly show that their 607 BCE date for the destruction of the temple is bogus.

Everything hangs on that date. Even if you can make the leap of logic on stringing together scriptures to say that the Gentile Times are 2520 years, if 607 is wrong then there is no 1914 and no 1918/19. If those dates fall, then that means they were not appointed by Christ and THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY.

When Witnesses see that the "Governing Body" has no authority, then their fear evaporates.

• blondie
    blondie

The 1919 concept was developed in a 2007 WT study article.

*** w07 4/1 p. 22 par. 5 Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave ***In line with Malachi’s prophecy, the composite sign that Jesus gave his disciples to enable them to recognize the time of his "presence and of the conclusion of the system of things" included the identification of a collective "slave." Jesus stated: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matthew 24:3, 45-47) "On arriving" to inspect the "slave" in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or "slave," and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

Also jws have just re-studied the Revelation book which has many references to 1919.

*** re chap. 12 p. 63 par. 18 "Keep On Holding Fast What You Have" ***In

1919 Jesus fulfilled his promise and recognized the small band of genuine anointed Christians as his "faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    On arriving" to inspect the "slave" in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual "food at the proper time." He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or "slave," and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings.

Wait a minute, if Christ is not divine or wholy a God to be worshipped, how can he entrust anything?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    Everything hangs on that date. Even if you can make the leap of logic on stringing together scriptures to say that the Gentile Times are 2520 years, if 607 is wrong then there is no 1914 and no 1918/19. If those dates fall, then that means they were not appointed by Christ and THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY.

Which I believe is a major reason why all of the older publications by C.T. Russell and J.F. Rutherford were purged from Kingdom Hall libraries long ago.

It's very fascinating that the Watchtower leadership has presented the published teachings of this era as having enormous prophetic and earth shattering significance. Yet, almost every Witness who seriously investigates these publications from the pre-1919 era does not stay in the organization.

The very organizational concept rests upon a wobbly foundation - the 1919 appointment to the office of Faithful Slave by Christ Jesus. The Watchtower organization is like a Jenga tower. Remove illusion of Divine appointment, and there is no Slave Class with it's Governing Body. There is no legitamacy to the organizational concept, and therefore no legitamacy to the theocracy that they weild over millions of people.

This is a major reason why the publications are being dumbed-down while simultaneously becoming more authoritarian.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Point taken. They've been "appointed" because the "historical facts" show it to be so. LOL

• still_in74
    still_in74

this is right out of one article straight from the WT CD ROM.

check out my thread on this here - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/166702/1.ashx

• still_in74
    still_in74

instead of trying to emphasize the 1919 date, they are now leaving that one bit of information out, seeing as how it can be proven by their own literature that they were NEVER appointed in the first place.
    can you please provide your references on this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit