ever ask a JW friend or relative to stop shunning you?

by MegaDude 17 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I might not do it because it is their decision and they can live with it. I figure that I deserve people in my life that love me unconditionally. If it were my kids, that would be a different story. They wouldn't be able to shun me as I'd be there forcing them to pay attention. Sounds kinda mental, though. My kids, dad, and sister would never shun me. I want my mom to! My mom, dad, and sister all think we are still in. It's a stuffy closet we are in. Can't wait to get out!

• Honesty
    Honesty

No.

I start talking about Jesus in front of them.

They scurry like cockroaches when the kitchen light is turned on at 3 A.M.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am only faded/fading but of course there are many that already treat you like you are DF'ed including family members. If I have to "ask" them to be decent human beings, I don't want them!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    I start talking about Jesus in front of them. They scurry like cockroaches when the kitchen light is turned on at 3 A.M.

So true. The foundation of the JW mindset is simply *fear.* They can call it truth till the cows come home but their facade crumbles like an old cookie when you can back up your arguments, especially with their literature and their Bible.

If I have to "ask" them to be decent human beings, I don't want them!

I can relate to that. But what if once a year they call you, and you can tell they're still missing you and you were close to that person at one time? Sure, it's a shitty way to be treated and the anguish it causes can be intense, but do you always do the reverse shun?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Mega dude, I see what you are saying. If I had JW family that called like that, I too would ask "hey why can't we do this more often"? The deal with my extended family is that they are all "super dubs", I wasn't good enough for them even when I was in. We were always the ones to invite them for nice family meals and BBQ's etc. they would come have a great time , but never initiate it. So when I quit doing all the work our relationship is really not there. Part of my departure involved calling some family that "I" have shunned for may years and it's a great feeling.

• Twitch
    Twitch

No actually. When I left, I left it all behind (parents as the exception) so in a sense, I did the shunning. And I'm ok wit dat. The former life has passed away,.....;)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    The former life has passed away,.....;)

Good one.

• moshe
    moshe

The former JW's I knew aren't worth anything for me to even be concerned about them- I do read the obituaries in my old hometown paper and notice that some of the elders who stabbed me in the back are starting to die off now. Oh well, the 1914 generation didn't make it after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit