ever ask a JW friend or relative to stop shunning you?

by MegaDude 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I sure did. And after years and years, they did finally stop. It's great to have them back.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Good for you Mega!!!

I will NOT ask my sister to stop....it was her decision(except for when I'm needed for something).....and she's even been rotten to my parents for not shunning me....and I'm only faded.......

Mandette

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

No, but when I shunned them back they didn't like it

nj

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The ol' reverse shun. I have done that. There were a couple of people I just refused to give up on, though. It was like I just couldn't let them go. Damn painful at times but worth it in the end.

• ninja
    ninja

I try hard to get my mother in law to shun me.....but she still talks to me......what's an apostate to do?

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Good for you mega!

I've not been outright shunned yet coz I'm only faded. Only a handful of my dub friends stay in touch with me though and that shows that they are true friends. Family is hugely important to me and I wouldn't take easily to them shunning me if I ever end up getting DF/DA (which I've no plans to do). I'd do everything in my power to stop that happening, for my own sake as well as my child's. Don't want him to not have his grandparents in his life.

Am

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Quite the opposite. Half the reason I DA'd was so the JWs would stop calling me and asking for free computer help.

W

• carla
    carla

Ninja, wear a cross, start smoking and carry around anti jw tracts, that oughta do it.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I thinking about DAing but hadnt yet, my best JW friend revealed to me that she was having an affair with a married elder. SHE was worried about ME shunning HER if anything happened to her! How ironic...I assured her even then that nothing would stand in my way of being her friend and supporting her. Even though I wasnt wild about the whole affair thing, I understood how that happened as her husband was very mentally cruel to her and basically ignored her for the 11 years they had been married at that point. So she was taken by this very caring and "concerned" elder. During this affair she had gotten pregnant and miscarried...and when I went to comfort her, before I knew about the affair, there on the coffee table was this GINORMOUS flower arrangement. It was NOT from her husband...it was from the ELDER. She said her husband was hardly speaking to her and hadnt even come to see her in the hospital. After I found out about the affair, I began to wonder WHO was the father of that baby and IF she had miscarried at all or if that is what she was telling "the friends" happened...because she knew if she had that baby the gig would be up as her very dark curly haired Italian husband wasnt the dad and that would be immediately apparent. I never found out the truth.

So...when I was about to DA and their affair came out, and neither one of them was DFd but rather they were THREATENED that if they ever saw each other again they both WOULD be DFd...the elder continued to call me to contact HER and give her messages for him and stuff because he said she was suicidal And she said to me she didnt know how she could live now without the love of her life and WITH her hateful husband and all his now hateful family....I continued to support her. She was first and foremost my friend and I loved her.

But a week or two later I DAd and I reiterated that I would always be there for her and hoped she would be there for me...and I got a letter from her saying that she could no longer contact me "because I was a threat to her spirituality and she didnt want any undo influences in her life that might turn her away from Jehovah"

Ok.... is that F#&^%ed up or what?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Lovesdubs, that story is so *7^%'d up nobody out in the "normal" world would believe it except the ex-JWs here who routinely experience this weird religious/social dynamic.

Amha, I wish I had not DA'd for the same reasons you are avoiding it, but when you have a JW living in the house with you it's hard to stay undercover.

Ninja, I hope you are a stand-up comic because you really have the gift.

Finally Free, the JWs really have a problem with mooching, like they're entitled or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit