Wipeout, Season 2

by wanderlustguy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I've been working on this TV show for the past month and a half...insanity! I think the first episode airs in February, but we've been filming for several weeks now. It's the first time I've been on the set of a reality/game show, it's a lot of fun, especially being part of the FX crew. I just left that show to move over to another one, Bull Run Season 3.

I started working in special effects a few months ago, and it's all a blur so far. I haven't had time to do anything for me in so long I don't know what to do first when I finally get time off. You always hear people say no one understands how show business is and now I see why. At first you spend everything you make to buy equipment so you can work, and then you work so much you can barely remember what month it is, I always ask people what day it is because I seriously don't know. Yesterday I was fighting the paper machine because I put 50 cents in and no paper. D'oh...Sunday.

Anyway, hope all you guys are doing well, good to see the old home place is still here.

WLG

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

That's exciting stuff, Wander Man! I'm happy to know you are well, successful and busy. I haven't seen the show, but I'll keep an eye out.

Love,
    Baba.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yeah..........

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Sounds like a blast Wander! Congrats!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is so cool! The kids and I love that show!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

well, you still have that middle finger, so you must be doing something right ;)

congrats on getting in with those folks. The day I worked on my first film set was the day I realized how over-hyped we JWs had been about our "two day miracle" kingdom halls.

• LDH
    LDH
    The day I worked on my first film set was the day I realized how over-hyped we JWs had been about our "two day miracle" kingdom halls.

I just fell out of my chair laughing Sixy.

WLG, we love Wipeout and the original Japanese game show it isa rip of. MXC, the only reason to watch TV.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    WLG, we love Wipeout and the original Japanese game show it isa rip of. MXC, the only reason to watch TV.

I thinks it's funny that there's a lawsuit over it, and the public actually buys into the hype. Like six said, except from another perspective, it's amazing what we think is real compared to reality. For instance, the creator of Wipeout came up with the concept on the tailgate of the FX trailer, and last I heard he still has not seen the other show. The guy literally doesn't watch TV, doesn't see movies, and definitely doesn't need to rip off anything to make money. It is amazing, however, how there are so many similar concepts that come out independently of each other. Remember the whole ID4, Armegeddon, Core, and "(that other end of the world film with Dennis Quaid?)" film set that was so similar? Not saying no one knew they were making a show that would be called a rip off...but whoever knew never said anything to the people who didn't.

Spike TV is suing because ABC ripped of their show...but they use the creator of the rip off to create their new show Bullrun...and ABC is using portions of the FX crew on the Spike TV show as alternates on their "rip off"...because we know the set. Sound fishy to anyone else?

Next it'll be settled with undisclosed conditions, right before the new season airs. At least that's my bet. Cheap advertisement.

I'm just happy to have a job that I like, in tough times, plus I get to send out xmas cards to all the people I owe money with a check inside, and THAT feels great. Actually...that's the best part.

WLG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit